Application-Black Diamond Ergo Cork Poles-Don Taylor

  • Don Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      Thank you for the opportunity to apply to test the Black Diamond Ergo
      Cork Poles. I have read, understand and agree to comply with the
      BackpackGeartTest.org bylaws v.0609 including chapter 5. My tester
      agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:

      Name: Don Taylor

      Email: anfhiker AT yahoo DOT com

      Age: 33

      Location: Youngstown, Ohio, USA

      Gender: M

      Height: 5' 7" (1.70 m)

      Weight: 180 lb (82 kg)

      Background:

      For the past 13 years I have been camping/backpacking primarily in Ohio,
      Pennsylvania, North Carolina and Virginia with the Allegheny National
      Forest as the most frequented location. My backpacking trips usually
      consist of 15 mile (24 km) days and a group of 2-3 other hikers in
      forested, moderately hill areas. I consider myself a lightweight, slow
      and steady hiker. The winter hikes often involve heavy snow and
      freezing temperatures with the fall and spring bringing rain and
      moderate temperatures.

      Brief Description of Field Conditions and Test Plan:

      Over the next several months I hope to get out hiking at least one to
      two times per month to enjoy the cooler fall weather. My trips will
      most likely be taken to central and western Pennsylvania, southern Ohio
      and hopefully one to Dolly Sods in West Virginia. These locations vary
      in elevation from approximately 500 ft (152m) to 3000 ft (914 m) above
      sea level. The terrain on these hikes will vary widely from smooth,
      well maintained paths to muddy, rocky or steep trails. This variety of
      trail conditions will be an excellent opportunity to test the poles.

      Averaging at least one long weekend trip each month will provide many
      trail miles in the wild to test the poles. I have never hiked with
      poles however over the past year or so I have noticed more and more pain
      in my hips, knees and back while on the trail. I am very interested in
      trying the Ergo Cork Poles to see if use hiking poles helps ease those
      pains. I am also interested in seeing how well the poles hold up and if
      they are generally comfortable to use.

      My previous test reports can be found at:

      http://tiny.cc/hSsnN <http://tiny.cc/hSsnN>

      Tester Status Page- http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1865.htm
      <http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1865.htm>

      I have just finished a test series with the High Sierra Col 35 pack and
      I am in the LTR stages for the Flatterware Combo Set and Montrail
      Featherpeak GTX Boots, both due on September 14th. .

      I have an app out for the Big Agnes Lynx Tent.

      At this time I do not have any other roles at BGT.

      Thank you for the opportunity to apply for this test.