EDIT: [backpackgeartesters] LTR - Eureka! Glide 51 Lantern - Chad Poindexter

  • Nancy Griffith
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 10, 2010
      Hi Chad,

      There is no problem with submitting reports up to 2 weeks early, so your timing
      is just right.  I personally do that a lot to avoid having to ask for extensions

      when life gets crazy around the due date.

      Here are your edits for the LTR following the usual convention:
      EDIT: Must be changed
      Edit: Change something, please
      Comment: Just that

      Upload when ready and delete your test file.

      Thanks for another great report.  I enjoyed reading it (although I'm not in the
      market for a flashlight), so I suspect others will find it useful too.

      'See' you again on another test.

      Nancy

        The night time temperatures did not offer much relief as the temperatures were
      still
      right at 80 F (27 C), however we did have a fan blowing inside the tent
      circulating the air.
      Edit: It is correct convention to use a ';' before however or split into two
      sentences.

      I believe the elevation at the campsites are around 400 ft (122 m).
      EDIT: elevation ... 'is'

      My son and I left out for two nights in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park
      on the third weekend
      in June.
      EDIT: Do you mean 'My son and I slept out'?

      We did not receive any rain, however, with the high temperatures and the
      close proximity of the running river, the general conditions were a bit
      humid.
      Edit: Again, a ';' before however

      I have not changed the batteries out since then, however,
      it is now time to do so.
      Edit: Again a ';' before however

      What I have come to find out over the last few months is
      that the listed time is pretty accurate, however, I have found that the
      quality of the actual light does vary with the brand of batteries used.
      Edit: use a ';' before however

      I would really like to see how well this light
      would function on three lithium batteries, however, this is not
      recommended by Eureka.
      Edit: The semicolon comment.  You get a A+ for consistency!

      I wonder, if the globe was made of glass rather than plastic, if the light would
      shine
      brighter.
      Comment: It seems that this would read clearer with something like, 'I wonder if
      the globe ... whether the light would...'

      These two features are the best part of the light in my opinion, as well as
      makes the light
      worthy of hanging around in my backpack for a while longer.
      EDIT: 'makes' should be 'make' to match number with 'features'
    • Stick
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 10, 2010
        Nancy, it has been a pleasure working with you, as well as being able to test the lantern. Thanks for all the edits and all your time. I have made the corrections that you have suggested and then deleted the report from the test folder and uploaded the final report to its proper home. Thanks again. Till next time...
        Chad