RE: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: FR - Oboz Hardscrabble - Mark McLauchlin

  • Mark McLauchlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4 4:46 AM
      Hi Kathy,

      No issues at all, all done and uploaded

      Cheers

      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Kathy Waters
      Sent: Sunday, 1 August 2010 7:27 AM
      To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [backpackgeartesters] EDIT: FR - Oboz Hardscrabble - Mark
      McLauchlin

      Mark,

      I apologize for the tardiness in editing this. Unfortunately, BridGeT had
      the wrong e-mail (for the orginally assigned monitor) so I didn't get as
      notices and with everything else going on, I totally forgot I was editing
      this test!

      Anyway,

      There are some easy edits listed below for you and I'll see you in two
      months. THANK YOU for putting the amount of use you given the shoes so
      clearly!

      Kathy
      _________________________

      I spent the entire day hiking up and down hills and bushwhacking through
      some tough terrain and covered about 15 km's (9.32 miles).
      EDIT: Chang to "km", not possessive, and no need to have the "s".

      Due to the ice and mud I walked though my feet did become saturated and
      extremely cold, however as the day warmed up they dried out quite easily.
      EDIT: Change to "through".

      I took the hardscrabble away with me for work to Karratha which is further
      north of the state.
      EDIT: Capitalize "Hardscrabble".

      Total hiking distance was 16 km's (9.94 miles).
      EDIT: If you like adding "s" to your conversion, that's ok, but definitely,
      no apostrophe.<g>

      This is not a real big issue unless you are trying to get multiple days wear
      out of a pair of socks.
      EDIT: Substitute something for "you are" to avoid projection and to reflect
      your own experiences.
      EDIT: Now here's where those errant apostrophes belong - should be " days'
      ". <g>

      I walked from Perin Lookout back into town, which was about 18 km's (11.18
      miles).
      EDIT: - Delete the apostrophe.

      I have a feeling that I am going to need to wear thicker socks in winter
      with these shoes, which I something I don't normally do.
      EDIT: Add "is" and deletel "I" between "which" and "something".

      I was a little cautious at first as I really didn't want to run the risk of
      being stuck walking for the next 10 km's (6.21 miles) with wet feet.
      EDIT: Delete the apostrophe.

      Although total distance hiked with the Oboz Hardscrabble has only been 49
      Km's or 30.43 miles (more than likely double off trail) I feel they have
      performed very well.
      EDIT: Change to "km" or "kms".

      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>