FR - ALL-ETT Worlds Thinnest Wallet Sports Wallet - Pam

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 8:12 PM
      FR - ALL-ETT Worlds Thinnest Wallet Sports Wallet - Pam

      HTML here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/ALL-ETT%20Wallets%20FR/

      OR: http://tinyurl.com/2djbpfl

      Field Locations and Conditions:

      Ramsey's Draft area of George Washington National Forest, May 2010 ~ 17 mi (27 km) overnight backpacking trip. Temperatures ranged from about 60 F (15 C) during the day, down to freezing at night, with heavy wind, but no precipitation. Carried the wallet in a front zippered pocket of my Royal Robbins Zip N' Go Convertible Pants.

      Cranberry, Monongahela National Forest, West Virginia, May 2010 ~ 25 mi (40 km) weekend (2 night) backpacking trip. Overnight temperatures were in the 50 F (10 C) range, high humidity, light rain one night. Carried the wallet in a front zippered pocket of my Royal Robbins Zip N' Go Convertible Pants.

      I have also used the ALL-ETT Sports Wallet for everyday use, carrying it inside my purse, in my front pants pockets, and in light jacket pockets.

      Use and Conclusions:

      I have used the ALL-ETT Sports Wallet to carry all of my cash, my drivers license, and an assortment of credit, debit, and identification cards for nearly 3 months now. I've had only two problems with it. First, unless the wallet is pretty full, my cards can slide out rather easily when the wallet is opened. This has not been a problem with the wallet closed, so I've just learned to be careful when I open it so that I don't drop and lose a card. The second problem is that it is so thin and light that I sometimes have trouble finding it in my purse. I've taken to always trying to place it in a small zippered pocket, so I can consistently find it. A couple of times I just tossed it in the main compartment, and almost panicked when I needed it, thinking it had been lost or stolen, because it blends in so well with the black interior of my purse, and it is so small and light it can easily slide under larger articles like my cell phone or checkbook.

      After almost 3 months useOn the positive side, the ALL-ETT Sports Wallet has helped reduce bulk and weight inside my purse, which makes it much more comfortable to carry. And, it is much easier than a thicker wallet to tuck into a front pants pocket to keep it handy and secure if I want to go purseless.

      The Sports Wallet has been perfect for backpacking. It easily fits inside the front zippered pocket of my favorite pair of hiking pants, and rests there very comfortable. Again, it is so light and thin that I occasionally find myself needing to touch it just to make sure it's there! I formerly just either tossed my money and cards into a zippered pocket with no other protection, or used a ZipLock bag for them. The ALL-ETT is not only classier, but keeps everything better organized. In very hot weather I sometimes found plastic baggies made my leg feel uncomfortably hot and sweaty, even with a layer of fabric between the bag and my leg. The spinnaker cloth of the Sports Wallet seems to be more breathable, and it has never felt uncomfortable in my pocket.

      Even with daily use over the last 90 days or so, the Sports Wallet still looks almost as good as new. Although the fabric is paper thin, it has been very durable. The top outside corners have developed a small crease, nothing that affects performance. The stitching on the right side top corner appears to be fuzzing somewhat; again, nothing that is affecting performance. In the photo to the right, the wallet is filled with about 19 bills (um, mostly $1, unfortunately), and 8 cards.

      I am not used to carrying change in my pants pockets, so I do miss having a change compartment in my wallet. It has been a little strange using the wallet and then getting out a separate change purse if I am paying with dollars and coins. I would rather like to see a ladies model that incorporated a small zippered coin compartment.

      The ALL-ETT Sports Wallet lives up to its name - it is certainly thinner and lighter than any other wallet I've ever carried. In fact, when I have it filled, it seems about the same thickness as an empty fine leather wallet.

      It's better for organization and classier than a ZipLock bag for backpacking, and a good all around everyday wallet also. Overall I am really enjoying using this wallet, and I am impressed with its durability, but I do wish a model was available with a small zippered compartment for change.

      More to come:

      This concludes my Field Report. Please check back for final testing results in September.

      Thanks to ALL-ETT and BackpackGearTest.org for the opportunity to test the World's Thinnest Wallet Sports Wallet