EDIT: FR - Oboz Hardscrabble - Mark McLauchlin

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2010
      Mark,

      I apologize for the tardiness in editing this. Unfortunately, BridGeT had the wrong e-mail (for the orginally assigned monitor) so I didn't get as notices and with everything else going on, I totally forgot I was editing this test!

      Anyway,

      There are some easy edits listed below for you and I'll see you in two months. THANK YOU for putting the amount of use you given the shoes so clearly!

      Kathy
      _________________________

      I spent the entire day hiking up and down hills and bushwhacking through some tough terrain and covered about 15 km's (9.32 miles).
      EDIT: Chang to "km", not possessive, and no need to have the "s".

      Due to the ice and mud I walked though my feet did become saturated and extremely cold, however as the day warmed up they dried out quite easily.
      EDIT: Change to "through".

      I took the hardscrabble away with me for work to Karratha which is further north of the state.
      EDIT: Capitalize "Hardscrabble".

      Total hiking distance was 16 km's (9.94 miles).
      EDIT: If you like adding "s" to your conversion, that's ok, but definitely, no apostrophe.<g>

      This is not a real big issue unless you are trying to get multiple days wear out of a pair of socks.
      EDIT: Substitute something for "you are" to avoid projection and to reflect your own experiences.
      EDIT: Now here's where those errant apostrophes belong - should be " days' ". <g>

      I walked from Perin Lookout back into town, which was about 18 km's (11.18 miles).
      EDIT: - Delete the apostrophe.

      I have a feeling that I am going to need to wear thicker socks in winter with these shoes, which I something I don't normally do.
      EDIT: Add "is" and deletel "I" between "which" and "something".

      I was a little cautious at first as I really didn't want to run the risk of being stuck walking for the next 10 km's (6.21 miles) with wet feet.
      EDIT: Delete the apostrophe.

      Although total distance hiked with the Oboz Hardscrabble has only been 49 Km's or 30.43 miles (more than likely double off trail) I feel they have performed very well.
      EDIT: Change to "km" or "kms".

      From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com

    • Mark McLauchlin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2010
        Hi Kathy,

        No issues at all, all done and uploaded

        Cheers

        From: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:backpackgeartesters%40yahoogroups.com>