EXTENSION REQUEST - OR SoDo Shirt - AB

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
      EXTENSION REQUEST - OR SoDo Shirt - AB

      I have a question in to OR via email regarding a design feature of the SoDo shirt. I
      was hoping to have my reply last night so I could get my report in on time, but alas
      it hasn't arrived yet. I'd like to know if I could have an extension till Monday to
      see if their reply comes in. If this is not acceptable, just let me know and I'll have
      my report uploaded tonight.

      Thanks!

      AB

    • Kathy Waters
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
        Andrew,

        How about Tuesday as Monday will be a legal holiday for a lot of folks?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2010
          Sounds good. Those of us who work no matter what day it is tend to forget about those "observed" days.

          AB

          __________
          Home: Corridor9.net

          On Jul 2, 2010, at 20:16, "Kathy Waters" <kathy@...> wrote:

          > Andrew,
          >
          > How about Tuesday as Monday will be a legal holiday for a lot of folks?
          >
          > Kathy

        • Thomas Vickers
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 5, 2010
            HTML here:
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/FR-DrymaxSocks-TV/

            Field Report
            July 5, 2010

            Activities:
            Day Hiking

            Days used: 8 (18 miles/29 km)

            Conditions:
            No precipitation
            65 - 95 F (18 - 35 C)

            The Comfort:
            The first thing I want to report on this that these are some pretty damn
            comfortable socks. They fit very well and despite the fact that they
            come up nearly to knees, I really like the way they squeeze my legs.
            Overall, they feel rather nice and seem to provide support not only to
            my feet, but to my calves as well. There is probably no scientific way
            to prove this, but I know that my legs feel very snug and secure while I
            have these socks pulled all the way up.

            They are a fairly bulky sock, but they do not fill up my hiking shoes
            too much. I think that their sock + line design makes them a less bulky
            than my normal sock and separate liner combination. It may be a near
            miss on the overall bulk issue, but in my mind, this sock comes in a bit
            less bulky than a regular sock and liner.

            My last comfort issue has to do with the heat. When the temperatures
            here in Texas were 70 F (21 C) or below, these socks were great. They
            kept my feet and legs warm and I liked this because i prefer to hike in
            shorts. As the temperatures rose above this and finally broke the 90 F
            (32 C) mark, these socks really got way too hot for my feet. For me it
            was not just a hot feet issue, but a hot leg issue as well. I could push
            the socks down, but they were still a sticky hot mess around my ankles.
            I will continue to try and use them during the summer, but at this
            point I know that these socks are definitely for the cooler months of
            the year, at least here in Texas.

            The updside:
            One thing besides the over all comfort that I can share about these
            socks is the lenght. While the long (up to my knees) length may appear
            kind of goofy when I wear shorts, there have been some serious benefits
            to these socks. During the spring (and summer) the hieght of socks have
            kept the bugs off of my legs. It is so easy to apply insect repellant
            starting at my knews and moving up and let the socks take care of
            everything below the knee. This means no more tick checks or chigger
            infestations around my ankles, which are pretty much standard for me
            hiking here in Texas. While longer (taller) may not be visual appealing
            in socks, I can say that as far as the bugs are concerned longer is much
            better.

            Final thoughts:
            It is going to be difficult to continue wearing these socks, but I will.
            They are just too warm for the summer, but there are definitely some
            benefits to wearing them. when the undergrowth is as high as it is now.
            along the local trails. I really like the way these socks feel on my
            feet and legs and the amount of support they give to both feet and legs
            are huge bonuses to me.

            I have not worn them enough on consecutive days to say that they develop
            a smell too easily, but even hiking for several miles (kilometers) in
            the summer heat was not enough to make them reek. So despite their
            rather frumpy look, I like these socks. They are comfortable, keep the
            bugs off, and do not seem to smell to poorly after use.

            Check back in a two months to see how well they have treated my feet
            after the rest of the Texas summer.

          • Brett Haydin
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 7, 2010
              TV,

              I really enjoyed reading your report. You have a great way of making it
              "sound" conversational! I have a number of EDITS (spelling errors) for you
              to correct but then you are free to upload. It would have been great to see
              a picture of the socks in use out in the field, but hopefully you will get
              one in the next two months J

              Here you go!

              <snip>

              Days used: 8 (18 miles/29 km)

              Edit: miles should be abbreviated to "mi"

              <snip>
              The first thing I want to report on this that these are some pretty damn
              comfortable socks.

              EDIT: "is" that these.

              <snip>

              They fit very well and despite the fact that they come up nearly to knees,

              EDIT: "my" knees

              <snip>

              They kept my feet and legs warm and I liked this because i prefer to hike
              in shorts.

              EDIT: change "i" to "I"

              <snip>
              The updside:

              EDIT: "upside"

              <snip>
              One thing besides the over all comfort that I can share about these socks is
              the lenght.

              EDIT: "length"

              <snip>

              During the spring (and summer) the hieght of socks have kept the bugs off
              of my legs.

              EDIT: "height"

              <snip>

              It is so easy to apply insect repellant starting at my knews and moving up
              and let the socks take care of everything below the knee.

              EDIT: at my "knees"

              <snip>

              I can say that as far as the bugs are concerned longer is much better.

              EDIT: "it" is much better.

              <snip>

              They are just too warm for the summer, but there are definitely some
              benefits to wearing them. when the undergrowth is as high as it is now.
              along the local trails.

              EDIT: You have some punctuation issues here. Did you mean to have commas or
              periods here?

              <snip>

              They are comfortable, keep the bugs off, and do not seem to smell to poorly
              after use.

              EDIT: "too" poorly

              That's all I could find :P