APPLICATION - Lowa Renegade Shoes - Jeff Ruhle

  • jjruhle@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
      Hi Kurt,

      Here is my application for the shoes. Sorry for the late post, but I was out of town. I tried to keep it short and sweet for ya!

      Cheers,
      Jeff

      APPLICATION – Lowa Renegade Boots - Jeff Ruhle
      Date: Just 1st, 2010

      Please accept my application to test the Lowa Renegade Boots. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the requirements.

      Biographical Information

      Name: Jeff Ruhle
      Location: Winter Park, CO, USA
      Email Address: jjruhle@...
      Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
      Weight: 175 (79 kg)
      Age: 22

      Applications Pending: None

      Current Tests:
      -Sun Day Afternoons Adventure Hat
      -Badger Aromatic Chest Rub

      My ORs and tests can be seen at the following link:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jjruhle

      Outdoor Field Information:
      For outdoor testing, the majority of the trips will be backpacking and camping trips in the Colorado High Rockies. The mountains provide an excellent testing ground for shoes, as the trails can be anything from a well worn dirt road to some fairly technical scrambling. In addition, at higher altitudes there is almost always snow melting, which can result in some very wet terrain.

      Right now I have two big trips planned. One will be a very long day hike of Long's Peak, which is a fairly technical 14er. I will also be doing a weekend backpack trip to Mirror Pond and Lone Eagle Peak.

      I am currently a test monitor.

      Thanks,
      Jeff Ruhle
    • Brett Haydin
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        Please accept my application to test the Lowa Renegade Boots. I have read
        the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all
        of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on
        file. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use
        requirements and plan to use the boots more than the required time.

        Name: Brett Haydin
        Age: 37
        Gender: Male
        Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
        Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

        Shoe Size: 10.5 US

        Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com
        Location: Salida, Colorado USA

        Backpacking Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being
        involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at a summer
        camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now
        generally take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous terrain,
        although I have extensive experience in the upper Midwest as well. I take
        one or two longer trips each year, where I typically carry about 40 lb (18
        kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable, but I have taken lightweight
        trips as well.

        ------
        Test Field Locations:
        June - October: Living in the Central Rockies Mountains of Colorado, I am
        surrounded by towering mountains reaching over 14,000 ft (4267 m) as well as
        a number of public lands. Most of my trips will be 1-2 nights in sub-alpine
        environments, although as spring arrives I will surely begin my summit
        attempts! Snow in the area is a definite possibility; but more importantly
        there is a wide range of terrain. I am likely to encounter anything from
        crushed rock, to slickrock, to soft forest floors. Temperatures can be
        anywhere from 0 to 75 F (-18 to 24 C) with wind chills most certainly lower.
        I am also looking forward to trips in Utah and New Mexico this year with my
        sister and her family.

        ------
        Testing Strategy:
        Summit season has just begun and a new pair of hikers could give me an edge
        on my partners! I am mostly interested in the Renegades because of the type
        of peaks I am planning to summit this summer. I have my sights on Capitol
        Peak in Colorado which requires a fair amount of scrambling, with one
        section described as a "knife's edge." I'll be interested to see if Vibram
        soles and waterproof lining make this a summit worthy boot. I am currently
        testing a pair of insoles, which I would not use with these boots as I would
        want to comment on the quality of the factory insoles. Instead, I would use
        these boots primarily as an approach shoe, using my traditional boots with
        insoles as my "backpacking boots." Once the aforementioned test is
        completed, I will likely use these boots exclusively since my trips are a
        bit shorter this summer. If the boots are as light as they state, carrying
        them for two months won't be an issue for me. I am also testing a daypack,
        so these shoes would accompany me on any day hikes as well.

        ------
        Current Tests and Stage (5):
        -Essential Gear eQ2 Headlamp (LTR due June 1)
        -Stanley nineteen 13 bottle (FR due June 8)

        -Black Diamond Octane (FR due June 29)

        -Sherpa Base Layer (FR due July 13)

        -SOLE Softec Ultra Custom Footbeds (FR due July 18)

        Other Applications Pending (0):

        All of my Completed Tests and Owner Reviews can be viewed at:
        <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin>
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin

        Monitor Duties: (2)
        Drymax Sport Socks