APPLICATION - Lowa Renegades - Chad Poindexter

  • Stick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 1:38 PM
      Application to test Lowa Renegade boots
      For Chad Poindexter

      June 1st, 2010

      Please accept my application to test the Lowa Renegade boots. I have
      read, and agree to, the BackpackGearTest. org bylaws v.0609 that are
      laid out in Chapter 5, as well as the Survival Guide and other
      corresponding text. My tester agreement is on file.

      Name: Chad Poindexter
      Location: Corinth, MS USA
      Email: stick (DOT) 13 (AT) live (DOT) com
      Height: 5' 10"
      Weight: 200 lbs
      Age: 32
      Shoe size: 12 (Men's - US)

      Apps pending:
      1. Julbo Sunglasses

      Current load:
      1. Stuffitts Shoe Savers (LTR due 6/15)
      2. Eureka! Glide 51 Lantern (FR due 6/15)
      3. OR Dune Shirt (Awaiting arrival)
      Here is a link to my Tester Stats page:
      Tester Stats page <http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1873.htm>

      Test experience:
      At this time I have completed 1 test series and 15 OR's.
      (For some reason I am getting a "404 Error" when trying to view OR's, so
      I am not able to provide a link to this page at this time.)

      Over the next few months I have a 3-day trip planned in the Great Smoky
      Mountains as well as a 8-day hike in which the wife and I will thru hike
      the Smokies via the Appalachian Trail. I am currently trying to put
      together some other backpack trips as well as day hikes to some other
      local state parks as well.
      I am interested in how well these boots will grip to the wet trails of
      the AT. There are lots of rocks and roots that jut up in the trail that
      offer plenty of chances to slip and fall. These rocks will also provide
      opportunity to test the midsoles and the shank's ability to keep my feet
      from getting all bruised up. I will also test the GTX liner, both in
      terms of waterproof and breathability. And of course the uppers for
      their ability to hold it all together.

      At the time the only Labor of Love I hold at BGT is as a newbie tester
      who has just finished his first test series and about to finish his
      second. I have completed 15 OR's and am currently taking out some newly
      acquired gear and will be able to produce a few more OR's in the near
      future.

      I would like to take the time to thank Lowa and BGT for giving me the
      opportunity to test these shoes.