Re: Login Issue

  • Stick
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
      Same here. It is the right password / login name, but it does not go anywhere when I submit. Even if I just try to view an OR without signing in it wont let me. I get a 404 error page.
      Chad

    • jjruhle@ymail.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
        I am getting the same problem. My guess is the site's database is sick. Doesn't help when you are trying to get a test uploaded and and app completed!

        Jeff

      • jjruhle@ymail.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
          Hi Kurt,

          Here is my application for the shoes. Sorry for the late post, but I was out of town. I tried to keep it short and sweet for ya!

          Cheers,
          Jeff

          APPLICATION – Lowa Renegade Boots - Jeff Ruhle
          Date: Just 1st, 2010

          Please accept my application to test the Lowa Renegade Boots. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the requirements.

          Biographical Information

          Name: Jeff Ruhle
          Location: Winter Park, CO, USA
          Email Address: jjruhle@...
          Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
          Weight: 175 (79 kg)
          Age: 22

          Applications Pending: None

          Current Tests:
          -Sun Day Afternoons Adventure Hat
          -Badger Aromatic Chest Rub

          My ORs and tests can be seen at the following link:
          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jjruhle

          Outdoor Field Information:
          For outdoor testing, the majority of the trips will be backpacking and camping trips in the Colorado High Rockies. The mountains provide an excellent testing ground for shoes, as the trails can be anything from a well worn dirt road to some fairly technical scrambling. In addition, at higher altitudes there is almost always snow melting, which can result in some very wet terrain.

          Right now I have two big trips planned. One will be a very long day hike of Long's Peak, which is a fairly technical 14er. I will also be doing a weekend backpack trip to Mirror Pond and Lone Eagle Peak.

          I am currently a test monitor.

          Thanks,
          Jeff Ruhle
        • Brett Haydin
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2010
            Please accept my application to test the Lowa Renegade Boots. I have read
            the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all
            of the reporting terms and requirements. My signed tester agreement is on
            file. I will have no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use
            requirements and plan to use the boots more than the required time.

            Name: Brett Haydin
            Age: 37
            Gender: Male
            Height: 5' 11" (1.80 m)
            Weight: 195 lb (88.50 kg)

            Shoe Size: 10.5 US

            Email: bhaydin AT hotmail DOT com
            Location: Salida, Colorado USA

            Backpacking Background: I started backpacking in Wisconsin as a youth, being
            involved in the Boy Scouts programs. As a young adult, I worked at a summer
            camp leading backpacking, canoeing and mountain biking trips. I now
            generally take short weekend or day trips in rough, mountainous terrain,
            although I have extensive experience in the upper Midwest as well. I take
            one or two longer trips each year, where I typically carry about 40 lb (18
            kg). I prefer to be prepared and comfortable, but I have taken lightweight
            trips as well.

            ------
            Test Field Locations:
            June - October: Living in the Central Rockies Mountains of Colorado, I am
            surrounded by towering mountains reaching over 14,000 ft (4267 m) as well as
            a number of public lands. Most of my trips will be 1-2 nights in sub-alpine
            environments, although as spring arrives I will surely begin my summit
            attempts! Snow in the area is a definite possibility; but more importantly
            there is a wide range of terrain. I am likely to encounter anything from
            crushed rock, to slickrock, to soft forest floors. Temperatures can be
            anywhere from 0 to 75 F (-18 to 24 C) with wind chills most certainly lower.
            I am also looking forward to trips in Utah and New Mexico this year with my
            sister and her family.

            ------
            Testing Strategy:
            Summit season has just begun and a new pair of hikers could give me an edge
            on my partners! I am mostly interested in the Renegades because of the type
            of peaks I am planning to summit this summer. I have my sights on Capitol
            Peak in Colorado which requires a fair amount of scrambling, with one
            section described as a "knife's edge." I'll be interested to see if Vibram
            soles and waterproof lining make this a summit worthy boot. I am currently
            testing a pair of insoles, which I would not use with these boots as I would
            want to comment on the quality of the factory insoles. Instead, I would use
            these boots primarily as an approach shoe, using my traditional boots with
            insoles as my "backpacking boots." Once the aforementioned test is
            completed, I will likely use these boots exclusively since my trips are a
            bit shorter this summer. If the boots are as light as they state, carrying
            them for two months won't be an issue for me. I am also testing a daypack,
            so these shoes would accompany me on any day hikes as well.

            ------
            Current Tests and Stage (5):
            -Essential Gear eQ2 Headlamp (LTR due June 1)
            -Stanley nineteen 13 bottle (FR due June 8)

            -Black Diamond Octane (FR due June 29)

            -Sherpa Base Layer (FR due July 13)

            -SOLE Softec Ultra Custom Footbeds (FR due July 18)

            Other Applications Pending (0):

            All of my Completed Tests and Owner Reviews can be viewed at:
            <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin>
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/bhaydin

            Monitor Duties: (2)
            Drymax Sport Socks