EDIT: IR - Black Diamond Moxie - Kerri Larkin

  • Jamie
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 2010
      Dear Kerri,

      Please accept my sincere apologies for the delay in my providing your edits. I rely on emails from the list to pick up when I need to take action and I somehow missed your report coming in.

      See below. Edits are in our usual format. If you're not sure that is:

      EDIT: Must change
      Edit: Please consider changing
      Comment: General comment, observation or suggestion

      Once reviewed, please feel free to upload and remember to delete the test version....

      Many thanks!

      Jamie

      PS: Great to have another Aussie on the list :)

      > INITIAL REPORT
      >
      > PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS
      >
      > Claimed Lighting Distance: up to 40 m (44 y)with DoublePower LED

      EDIT: add a space between ) and with. Also capitalise Up.

      > TRYING IT OUT
      >
      > I love this headlight! I was beginning to think I must've been a Conehead: almost every headband, Buff, or headlight I've ever tried has ended up in a little bunch on top of my head. The Moxie doesn't. It stayed calmly on my head, not moving. In fact, I was so thrilled I sat watching TV wearing my new headlight all evening. Sad ain't it?

      Edit: my spell check wants isn't it?

      Pressing the button a third time starts the two SinglePower LEDs. These are noticeably less bright than the main LED, but seem like they will be more than adequate for most camp tasks, including reading in bed.

      EDIT: remove the extra space between time and starts.

      Comment: I understand what you're saying by starts the 2 SinglePower LEDs but do you actually mean that they come on in addition to the main LED or the mode changes into the 2 SinglePower LED? Might just want to rewrite to make it clear....

      > TESTING STRATEGY
      >
      > With winter truly upon us here in Australia, this is the perfect time to test a headlight. I'll be using my Moxie for all my camping trips over the next few months and have even found it to be perfect for a little light reading in bed at night when at home.

      Comment: Tell me about it, I can't recall the last time I got home from work and it was daylight! You think it is cold there, we had snow last week!!!

      > SUMMARY
      >
      > So far, the Moxie appears to be a great little headlight: it has a powerful beam, an incredibly comfortable headband, and an easy to use dimmer feature. Best of all, it looks way better than most.

      Edit: better than most other headlamps you've owned/used? Just be clear on what you're saying here.