APPLICATION – Outdoor Research Dune Shirt - Jeff Ruhle

  • jjruhle@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      APPLICATION – Outdoor Research Dune Shirt - Jeff Ruhle
      Date: May 7th, 2010

      Please accept my application to test the Outdoor Research Dune Shirt. I have read the BGT By-Laws (v.0609) including Chapters 4 and 5 and will comply with all of the requirements.

      Biographical Information

      Name: Jeff Ruhle
      Age: 23
      Gender: M
      Height: 6'3" (1.91 m)
      Weight: 175 (79 kg)
      Email Address: jjruhle@...
      City, State, and Country: Winter Park, CO, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I developed a love for backpacking while spending the semester abroad in New Zealand. I enjoy playing games and seeing how little I can pack to keep my pack light, however, I always pack a lot of food. My favorite terrain is steep, rugged, alpine terrain with more vertical and less horizontal. Now living in Colorado, I find a lot of this terrain in the heart of the rockies. I also am highly involved in a large number of other outdoor activities like skiing, kayaking, climbing, and biking. Generally, I like to push my comfort zone.

      Outdoor Field Information:
      Well, this doesn't exactly seem like the type of shirt that I will be testing on backpacking trips. I am, however, a 23 year old male. I tend to frequent outdoor picnics, barbeques, and the bars at night. I would be able to test it not only as a performance garment, but an aesthetic garment.

      Test Specific Questions (aside from the basics):
      -Do I get any comments on it?
      -Do I get pit-stains?

      Current Tests:
      -Redfeather's Conquest Snowshoes – LTR due June 1st
      -Badger Aromatic Chest Rub – LTR due July 22nd
      -Terramar Sports Thermolator Bottom – LTR awaiting edit

      Test Administration Page:

      Applications Pending: Outdoor Research Ridge Sack, Sunday Afternoons Adventure Hat, High Gear Axio Max, Outdoor Research Helios Hat

      My ORs and tests can be seen at the following link:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jjruhle

      I am currently a test monitor.

      Thanks,
      Jeff Ruhle