Application - Outdoor Research Dune Shirt - John Waters

  • exec@bysky.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      APPLICATION TO TEST THE OUTDOOR RESEARCH DUNE SHIRT

      Please accept my application to test Outdoor Research Dune Shirt.

      My Tester Agreement is on file as required. I am familiar with the latest
      BGT Bylaws v. 0609. I have read the requirements for being a tester and the
      new reporting requirements. I agree to comply with these requirements.

      Tester's Biographical Information:

      Name: John R. Waters
      Age: 60
      Gender: Male
      Email Address: exec at bysky dot com
      City, State, Country: Canon City, Colorado, USA

      Backpacking Background:

      Since 1999, I've hiked rain forests in Hawaii, Costa Rica, and Puerto Rico,
      on glaciers in New Zealand and Iceland, the mountains of Colorado and the
      deserts of Death Valley.

      My day pack weight is about 18 lb (8 kg), with overnights weighing over 25
      lb (11 kg). I'm aiming to reduce that weight load.

      Field Conditions and Locations

      Specific multi-day trip destinations include the Great Sand Dunes National
      Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, Beaver Creek (all located in Colorado),
      Canyonlands National Park in Utah and a week in Saguaro National Park,
      Arizonia. I also will be doing several backpacking and hiking trips in the
      mountains ranges near my home in south central Colorado.

      These are all desert terrain-type hikes (except Rocky Mountain National Park
      which is high alpine). There will be a wide variety of temperatures, snow
      probable in the early months and possible straight through summer, lots of
      sunshine and most likely little, if any, precipitation. Temperatures will
      range from 90 F (32 C) to below freezing. Elevation lows will be around
      5000 ft (1500 m) and highs will be 14,000 ft+ (4300 m).

      Test Plan

      This shirt would be perfect for all the desert climates and hot weather I
      anticipate throughout the testing period. I would be most interested in
      seeing how well it holds up in harsh terrain as well as how cool it keeps
      me. I particularly like that it has a pocket, so many technical shirts don't.

      John R. Waters

      Other Tests Applied/Applying for but not Assigned Include:

      High Gear Axio Max Multifunction Watch

      Current Tests include:

      Stuffitts Shoe Savers - FR posted April 15, LTR due June 15

      MontBell Alpine Light Down Vest - FR posted April 20, LTR due June 22, 2010

      TarpTent Hogback - waiting for arrival, DELAYED until July some time

      ULA Circuit Backpack - waiting for arrival; DELAYED until at least late June

      All Completed Tests and Owner's Reviews (including 2 ORs in the past year)
      Can Be Viewed At:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jwaters

      Current Test Monitor for:

      All Terrain Winter Sport Sunscreen

      Sherpa Adventure Base Layer

      I also contribute as a Test Manager for BGT.