LTR - Terramar Body Sensors Shirt - Jerry Adams

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/LTR%20-%20Terramar%20Body%20Sensors%20Shirt%20-%20Jerry%20Adams/

      LONG-TERM REPORT

      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      3/14/2010 - 6 night 36 mile (58 km) backpack down the Rogue River in Southern Oregon.  35 to 65 F (2 to 18 C).  Wore it all the time except during the day when I was backpacking when I wore no shirt.
      4/12/2010 - 5 night car camp on the central Oregon coast, 25 miles (40 km) day hiking, 34 to 57 F (1 to 14 C), wore Terramars the whole time including at night.
      4/22/2010 - 3 night backpack and 2 day car camp on the Metolius River in central Oregon, 25 mile (40 km) backpack and 8 mile (13 km) day hike, 28 to 65 F (-2 to 18 C), wore shirt in the evening under another shirt,
      In the FR and LTR periods, I wore the Terramar shirt for 23 nights of backpacking, 7 nights of car camping, and 3 day hikes.  I washed them 8 times.  I walked a total of 150 miles (242 km). Temperatures ranged from 22 to 65 F (-6 to 18 C).

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      Overall, I was satisfied with this shirt. Nothing much more than what I reported in the Field Report.
      I think the application best suited to this shirt is as a base layer in cold weather.  Fairly light weight.  Some nice warmth.  The thumb holes are nice.  Didn't smell too bad after 4, 5, and 6 day trips.
      I did most of my testing in a littler warmer weather, wearing the shirt by itself during the day and under an insulated vest in my sleeping bag at night.
      My only complaint is that there is no collar to keep my neck warm and keep the sun off my neck, and there's no opening on the front to regulate temperature when it gets a little warm.  Terramar makes a number of shirts with these features.
      At the end of the test I looked the shirt over very thoroughly and didn't notice any signs of wear.

      SUMMARY

      Overall, I am very pleased with the Terramar Body Sensors Thermolator II shirt as a base layer in cold weather.
      Good and Bad are the same as in the Field Report.
      One thing I didn't mention before was that a collar would be nice for warmth and sun protection -Terramar has shirts with collars.
      I will continue to use the Terramar shirt in cold weather when I won't need to open the front and wear other layers that have collars.
      Thanks to Terramar and backpackgeartest.org for letting me test this shirt.

      Copyright 2010.  All rights reserved.