LTR - Terramar Body Sensors Pants - Jerry Adams

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/LTR%20-%20Terramar%20Body%20Sensors%20Pants%20-%20Jerry%20Adams/

      LONG-TERM REPORT

      LONG-TERM TEST LOCATIONS AND CONDITIONS

      3/14/2010 - 6 night 36 mile (58 km) backpack down the Rogue River in Southern Oregon.  35 to 65 F (2 to 18 C), wore Terramars the whole time.
      4/12/2010 - 5 night car camp on central Oregon coast, 25 miles day hiking, 34 to 57 F, wore Terramars the whole time.
      4/22/2010 - 3 night backpack and 2 day car camp on the Metolius River in central Oregon, 25 mile backpack and 8 mile day hike, 28 to 65 F (-2 to 18 C), wore pants all the time except when actually backpacking.
      In the FR and LTR periods, I wore the Terramar pants for 23 nights of backpacking, 7 nights of car camping, and 3 day hikes.  I washed them 8 times.  I walked a total of  186 miles (242 km). Temperatures ranged from 22 to 65 F (-6 to 18 C).

      PERFORMANCE IN THE FIELD

      Overall, I was satisfied with these pants. Nothing much more than what I reported in the Field Report. Fairly light weight.  Some nice warmth.  Didn't smell too bad after 4, 5, and 6 day trips.
      On the Terramar web site, it says the pants are "an ideal base layer for a range of cold weather activities".  In my experience, they are good for backpacking in a wide range of temperatures.  I normally wear shorts, but need to take pants year round, just in case it gets a bit cool in the evening.  These pants fill this need at a low weight.
      After the last washing, I looked the pants over very thoroughly and didn't notice any signs of wear.

      SUMMARY

      Overall, I am very pleased with the Terramar Body Sensors Thermolator II pants over a wide range of backpacking and hiking.
      Good and Bad are the same as in the Field Report.
      I will continue to use the Terramar pants on future backpacking trips.
      Thanks to Terramar and backpackgeartest.org for letting me test these pants.

      Copyright 2010.  All rights reserved.