APPLICATION: Tarptent Sublite tent - Wayne Merry

  • Wayne Merry
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Tarptent Sublite tent. I have
      read the BackpackGearTest Bylaws, version 0609, including Chapter 4, 5
      and 6 and appendices. I agree to comply with all requirements. My BGT
      agreement has been received and is on file with BGT.

      I am happy to pay for cross shipping to Oz.

      Biographical details:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Name: Wayne Merry
      Age: 37
      Gender: Male
      Height: 1.8 m (5' 10")
      Weight: 95 kg (211 lb)

      Email address: wayne_merry@... (replace user with yahoo)
      City, State, Country: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

      Backpacking Background:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I started backpacking four and half years ago, although I did day walks
      in childhood. I hike in various terrain from moderate/hard track walks
      to some off track (including river walks). I generally like the
      temperature to stay at least above -5 C (23 F). I enjoy going on multi
      day walks including multi week adventures. I carry a moderate weight
      pack to enjoy a few creature comforts at camp and use tents as shelter.

      Field Information & Basic Test Plan:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I walk a moderate amount. I would normally do at least 2 overnight or
      multi-day walks every three months, in addition to a number of 20 km (12
      mile) or so day walks. I generally walk in groups, but sometimes walk
      solo. During the test period I am planning three or so multiday walks. I
      plan to use the tent on all of my overnight or longer walks in the test
      period - except when heavy rain is forecast. I will be primarily
      interested in the weight claims of the tent, ease of setup and takedown,
      whether the intermediate rain performance claimed is true, ease of entry
      and exit in light rain and whether it is possible to cook inside the tent.

      Any other material matter related to the tent that arises during the
      test will also be included in the test reports.

      Currently monitoring tests:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Finishing up on the Crumpler Bumper Issue

      Current tests in progress:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      None.

      Completed tests:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Outdoor Research Salamander Gaiters (Oct 2009)
      High Sierra Sport Company - Kahuna 70 Pack (Aug 2009)
      Mountain Safety Research - Skinny One tent (Aug 2009)
      Origo Traverse Peak watch (Jan 2009)
      Kayland Convert Hiking Boots (Nov 2008).
      Eureka! Mountain Breeze Tent (Aug 2008)
      High Sierra Sport Company Sentinel 65 Backpack (May 2008)
      Optimus Nova+ Stove (March 2008)
      MountainAbout GatrGuard (February 2008)
      Eureka Wabakimi Tent (October 2007)
      Flatword Orikaso Solo Set (November 2006)
      SealLine Storm Sack (November 2006)

      You can access my tests at the following location:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/wayne_merry

      Currently also applying for:
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Five Ten Exum boots.