Application: Tsepun Quarter-Zip - Jamie Lawrence

  • sportjamos
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Tsepun Quarter Zip baselayer. I have read, and agree to, the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v.0609 that are laid out in Chapter 5, as well as the Survival Guide and other corresponding text. My tester agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name: Jamie Lawrence
      Age: 28
      Gender: Male
      City: Hobart
      State: Tasmania
      Country: Australia
      Email address: jlawrence286 .. @ .. gmail.com

      Backpacking Background:
      I have been backpacking for many years and have been involved with BGT as a tester, monitor and mentor for the past 4 or so years. I prefer alpine walking, above the snow line where possible. I generally undertake walks of between 3-6 days in a small group of 3 or 4. I would usually describe myself as a mid-weight walker trying to loose some pack weight!

      Test Plan:
      I have recently agreed to assist with a 12 month outdoor based education program for teenage children. This means over the testing period that I will be frequently out and about in the outdoors, mainly undertaking weekend long trips. Given that I am moving into my autumn and winter, this will involve long periods in cold weather, with the temp ranging from around freezing to around 10 degrees C (30-55 F).

      I note the Tsepun is constructed from Nylon and a Polyester blend. I am very keen to compare this product to my preferred base layer, Marino wool, especially to test if it gets the 'synth stink' after use in the outdoors.

      Field Conditions:
      In addition to regular use in my capacity as a program leader in the education program I also have 3 walks planned in the months over the test period. These range from multi-day coastal walks to ventures above the snow line in remote back country locations.

      Current Testing:
      I am in the LTR stage of a simple item, the UST BASE Kit. I have consistantly tested multiple items for some time now.

      Other commitments:
      I am quite light for BGT work at the moment. I have just accepted 2 new members for mentoring through the OR process as well as monitoring 2 test series, 1 of which will finish before testing of the Tsepun commences. The other looks set to be scrapped.

      I have 1 other pending application - Kelty 65l pack

      My previous reviews/reports can be found at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/sportjamos

      If selected I would but not overly fussed on colour but quite like the Lama Red / Pangboche Red colour. I would be a size M normally but there is no sizing chart on Sherpa's website for me to be certain.

      I am happy to accept cross shipping charges if required and have done this on numerous occasions.