APPLICATION - Sherpa Base Layers - Derek

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Hennessy Hammock Cat Cape. I
      have read the test requirements stated in BGT Tester ByLaws as of
      January 2009 (BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v.0609) and I promise to
      comply with them to the best of my abilities. My test agreement has
      been submitted and is on file.

      MY BRIEF BIO

      Name - Derek Hansen
      Age - 33
      Gender - Male
      Height - 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      Weight - 165 lb (75 kg)
      Email Address - derek?dot"hansen\at[mac|dot}com
      Location - Flagstaff, Arizona, USA

      I am a lightweight backpacker with a typical overnight pack weight of
      15 lb (7 kg) and a multi-day weight of 20 lb (9 kg). My current
      backpacking style is to carry a simple hammock and go light and fast.

      BRIEF TEST PLAN

      The Tsepun Quarter-zip appears to be a good match for my upcoming
      trips in the high country of Arizona. At a base elevation of 7,000
      feet, Flagstaff maintains a cool temperature and receives a fair
      amount of UV rays. This base layer could really help protect my skin
      and help regulate my temperature. I like the quarter-zip design, but
      I'm curious about the Napoleon pocket--stylish fad, or useful
      accessory? The included anti-bacterial silver ions will really come in
      handy during extended uses to see if odor is minimized.

      Over the test period, I hope to have a few hiking trips into southern
      Utah, along with my regular excursions in and around the Flagstaff area.

      PREVIOUS REPORTS, CURRENT TESTS, MONITOR DUTIES, ETC.

      I have no other pending applications. Below are links to my previous
      reports, current tests, and other BGT duties.

      > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/dejoha

      > http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/T1800.htm

      > http://teststatus.backpackgeartest.org/M1800.htm

      I am also working on the BGT web development team to design and deploy
      the new BackpackGearTest website. This is an on-again, off-again
      project.

      Best,

      ~derek
    • Derek Hansen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010
        I is stupid.

        I meant to say, "Please accept my application to test the Sherpa Base
        Layers Tsepun Quarter-Zip." The remaining report was _not_ lifted from
        previous applications and therefor stands AS-IS.

        Apologetically,

        ~derek