Application: Stanley Outdoor Vacuum Drink Bottle - Jerry Adams

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2010
      Application: Stanley Outdoor Vacuum Drink Bottle - Jerry Adams

      February 26, 2009

      I have read the BGT By-Laws (v. 0609) including Chapters 4 and 5
      and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements.
      My tester agreement is on file. As reported below, I will have
      no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

      Personal Information:

      Name: Jerard Adams
      Age: 56
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6'1" (185 cm)
      Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

      Location: Portland Oregon
      Email: jerryaadams at yahoo dot com

      Experience:

      I started hiking about 45 years ago. My first backpack was 40
      years ago. I currently try to do one backpack trip of 5
      nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter). Mostly
      I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat
      Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula. In recent years I have
      shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water
      is about 15 lb (7 kg). I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon
      tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack. My
      sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress

      Test Plan:

      The Stanley Vacuum Drink Bottle is really too heavy to take on a
      backpack trip, but I'll take it on at least one short trip.

      I'll take the drink bottle with me on each of my backpack and day hike
      trips - fill it with a hot drink or soup for on the road and at the trailhead. That would be 2 or 3 backpack trips in each of the FR and
      LTR periods and at least that many day hikes.

      The drink bottle is advertised as a commuter bottle, so I can take it
      on a commuter trip at least once a week.

      I think I will be able to verify that it keeps hot drinks hot for 6
      hours as advertised, verify that it withstands the amount of abuse
      I will subject it to, and verify it doesn't leak. I'll try a number
      of drinks to verify it doesn't add any weird taste.

      I have ten test reports and four owner's reviews at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/retiredjerry.

      I am testing the Terramar Thermalator top and bottom and the All
      Terrain Winter Sport Screen.

      I have applications in for two socks.

      I completed the monitor for the Appy Trails tent and the All Terrain Wonder Wash and am monitoring the Silva Tech 40.

      Thank you for considering me as a tester for the Stanley Outdoor Vacuum Drink Bottle.