APPLICATION - Kelty Lakota 4000 Pack - David Wyman

  • Dave Wyman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2010
      Please accept my application to test the Kelty Lakota 4000 pack. My test
      agreement is on file and I agree to comply with all the report
      requirements, including Chapter 5, found in the BackpackGearTest bylaws
      v0609.

      TESTER INFORMATION
      NAME: David Wyman
      EMAIL: wyman -at- wymanhq -dot- com
      AGE: 31
      LOCATION: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
      GENDER: Male
      HEIGHT: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      WEIGHT: 175 lb (79.40 kg)

      While I've been camping for years, I've only been backpacking for a
      short time. As a fairly new backpacker, I'm still trying to find the
      right equipment so I usually have a mid- to heavy-weight pack (working
      on that) and I alternate between my tent and hammock. I do quite a
      number of short trips in the Pennsylvania (PA) state parks (Raccoon
      Creek and Ohiopyle mostly) and longer trips are usually up in the
      Allegheny National Forest. My dog almost always comes along on the
      longer hikes, and my wife and toddler join me on the shorter ones.

      Trip Plans:

      During the spring and summer, there will be at least 2 overnight
      backpacking trips and 1 or 2 car camping trips in the Laurel Highlands
      (Ohiopyle) and/or Raccoon Creek areas.

      Weather conditions for the trips will find temperatures ranging from
      highs around 80 F (27 C) down to lows around 40 F (5 C), and I will be
      hiking, camping, and backpacking at altitudes ranging from sea level up
      to 3000 ft (914 m).

      Testing Goals:

      I'll be doing several solo backpacking trips which means no splitting
      gear out between people. So, a pack that can hold a lot of gear and fit
      comfortably is always a tough thing to find. I'm interested in seeing
      how well it can handle gear for a multi-day trip, including a hammock,
      sleeping bag, pads, etc. Also, having a pack that has easy access to
      frequently used gear is an added bonus - I'd like to see how easy it is
      to use the hydration pouch, the water bottle pockets, and the different
      attachment points.

      Current Tests:

      No active tests at this time

      Currently applying for the Stanley Food Jar.

      My previous reviews can be found at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/cybrus.

      Thank you in advance for considering this application and a special
      thanks to Kelty for providing this testing opportunity.