FR - GoGirl Urinary Device - Dawn Larsen

  • vicioushillbilly
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
      Please find my FR for this fabulous product. How far does one go when talking about peeing?! Thanks in advance for the edits! The url is: http://tinyurl.com/ycv9uat

      Dawn

      Field Report

      Field Conditions and Use

      I decided that I would organize the field report according to where I have used the GoGirl so far because I absolutely think this product is a miracle. This thing is a MIRACLE! (did I say that already?!) I can't stop singing it! Not much has changed since the initial report except that I have used it and used it. It's also big fun to show it to people (not in use, mind you) and explain what it does. Very shocking to some people! An 85 year-old female friend of mine looked at it and said, "That is amazing! Do they have one for men?...Oh, I guess they kind of grow their own." Hey, this might make for a good short film!

      Camping: Since it is small enough to fit in a backpack, it goes with me hiking and backpacking always. The carry tube is not crushable, but since this device is so important to me, it deserves special room in my pack. See the Day Hike section below, however. The first time I took it out camping in South Carolina, for some reason, I had to pee twice in the middle of the night and it was 36 degrees with me in my long johns. I was sleeping in a hammock and I got out, put on my boots, pulled down the front only of my long johns, placed the GoGirl to form a seal, and did I go, girl... I can't tell you the feeling I had standing there in the middle of the night looking out at a lake and peeing. I just wanted to wake someone up and show them. No more cold hienie!!! Yes, I had to "shake it" while still "sealed,"(I questioned my gender for a moment there), but that way I didn't dribble. I put it in its baggie until I had to go again about 3 hours later. Same success! I camped in a tent during this reporting period, as well. I usually do not have get out of the tent. Instead, I just pee in an old water bottle. The GoGirl makes peeing in an old water bottle much more successful--every time. I also just finished an overnight backpacking trip in Missouri. Now that I have this device I can't ever imagine backpacking without it!

      Every Day Use: I can't tell you how thankful I am that this device is small enough to fit in my purse. I just drove 1000 miles home and back for the winter holiday and there was a wreck that stopped traffic for 30 minutes. I got out of the car and found a spot in the trees. I used it in rest stops, gas station bathrooms, and restaurant bathrooms.

      Day Hikes: The tube is a little cumbersome in a daypack or fanny pack. So I just took the device out of the tube and put it in a ziplock freezer bag. Since the silicone is so pliable, it crushes to fit very well in a small pack.

      Kayaking: Same as camping. Fabulous.

      Biking: It has come in handy to allow me to take off in the woods and do what I need to do.

      Geocaching: Once again, in the woods, works great!

      Cleaning: I cleaned this device once in the top rack of the dishwasher. It did just fine, although people that I told about it were kind of grossed out. Come on! It sanitizes the dishes, so it all comes out clean.

      What I Like
      It works!

      What I don't like
      Except that it doesn't dry as fast as "immediately," I really like this product.

      This concludes my field report. My long term report will follow in about two months. Many thanks to GoGirl and Backpackgeartest.org for allowing me to test the GoGirl Urinary Device.
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2010
        Hi Dawn,

        Thanks for an early post. I have three due myself so if you ladies happen to space yours out that helps me. The HTML looks fine and I only found a couple of things. My comments, suggestions and edits are listed below a snip of your words and are marked with ##. Let me know if you have any questions.

        Jamie D
        Test Monitor
        GoGirl FUD test series

        ## Right off the top will please add a summary of how many times you estimate you have used the GoGirl so far. I know it may be hard to figure since it sounds like you have been using it often, however, that statement is a requirement now. Thanks

        In Camping:
        (you) I usually do not have get out of the tent

        ## “to” get

        In Day Hikes:
        (you) So I just took the device out of the tube and put it in a ziplock freezer bag.

        ## Ziplock should be capitalized since it’s the proper company name.