LTR - Big Sky Cozy - kathryn

  • Dark Lazarus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010
      Here is the LTR for the Big Sky Cozy, had a great time with this item.
      HTML can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/ylz4rh2

      kathryn

      --
      Long Term Report:
      January 2nd, 2010

      I have used the food cozy on several more trips as outlined below.

      The first trip out was an overnight trip to the Shenandoah NP in
      Virginia. I used the cozy to cook my evening meal. The cozy so far has
      worked well with a variety of dehydrated meals. I have used the cozy
      with Mountain House, MaryJanes, and Lipton sides in a freezer bag. The
      bag did a great job of keeping the meal hot while it cooked as well as
      keeping my fingers from burning on the outside of the bag while I was
      eating.

      The next trip out was an overnight trip down to Zion NP with freezing
      temperatures. Having the cozy to insulate the hot food from cooling
      too quickly was very nice. Food cooked in about 12-15 minutes as per
      the package directions on the meal. The cozy made it more comfortable
      on the hands when holding the hot food for eating.

      Enjoying a meal from the cozy

      The last trip out was another backpacking trip. Again, the
      temperatures were down around the freezing point on a trip in the Salt
      Lake area. I was again eating a rehydratable meal in the cozy. The
      cozy was used twice to cook two different meals.

      Impressions and Comments:
      I have really enjoyed using this cozy. It is very compact and works
      very well. I find it fits well in my food bag and I can leave it
      there. It has more then handled the abuse from my bag. It has done a
      great job of keeping my meals hot while I wait for them to cook as
      well as keeping my fingers from burning. In spite of all the use this
      bag has seen, the bag in still in great condition.

      Pros:

      - compact

      - keeps foods hot

      - gusseted bottom for freestanding

      Cons:
      I can't think of anything that didn't work for me

      This concludes my report series on the Big Sky Insulite Food Cozy.
      Thank you for following this report series, I hope you have found the
      information contained within helpful. I wish to thank
      BackpackGearTest.org and Big Sky International for allowing me to test
      this item.