EDIT: IR - UST BASE Kit - Jamie L

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2009
      Jamie,

      Thanks for the IR. Sorry for the delay, I was/am out of town and have been overwhelmed with my day job.

      A few things to take care of and you can upload your test report. See you in two months.

      Kathy
      _______________________________--

      First off, your IR scrolls at 1024 monitor setting - that's the minimum setting we strive for. I suspect your monitor is 1280. You need to adjust your pictures and/or table to conform to the 1024 width. You can check how your report looks in various screen settings at www.screen-resolution.com. It's a neat site to bookmark!

      Clearly lighting a fire in anything more than 200 ft of water is a serious survival risk?
      EDIT: Metric conversion, please.
      COMMENT: I know what you are saying, but I'm not sure it's clear.

      On the UST website, the individual components are described as follows:
      EDIT: Jerry has clearly indicated we should not be using large amounts of quoted text from the manufacturer's website. (This section should have had quotes around it to show it was from the manufacturer, but that's a different edit <g>). Please re-word these descriptions to make them your own. I think you are good with the spell checker, so no need to repost your changes.

      The StarFlash® and JetScreamT are pretty basic and easy to use, either a blast of air or just hold towards a light source.
      COMMENT: It's not a big deal, but following this sentence in sequence, it sounds like a "blast of air" is what you use for the StarFlash. You might want to re-word position the phrases.

      I gave it the lightest puff of air in my lounge and the resulting noise made my ears ring (and scare my dog into the hallway!). I
      EDIT: Change to "scared".

      I look forward to testing this kit out in the field but hope that it would be in a genuine emergency situation!
      COMMENT: Are you really hoping it will be a genuine emergency situation or should this read "hope that it wouldn't be"?