EDIT IR- Terramar Therma TX Pant- Will Rice

  • Kathy Waters
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2009
      Will,

      As with your Terramar Shirt IR, There is a lack of detail in this particular
      report and I'd like to see more before I have you post this. Please
      elaborate a lot.

      I understand you had a bunch of reports all due at once so I can understand
      you being rushed to finish, but I know you want to uphold the high BGT
      standards.

      Thanks,
      Kathy
      PS - I missed the correction on the title in the top edit. See below and
      use the same format in the top IR. Thanks!
      __________________________________________--

      TERRAMAR THERMA TX 2 PANT
      TEST SERIES BY
      INITIAL REPORT
      EDIT: Please use the proper title: "Terramar Therma TX Silk 'n' Wool Pant"
      EDIT "Test Series By" Should be followed with your name.

      LOCATION: Charlotte, NC, USA
      EDIT: Spell out the state name.

      Manufacturer: Terramar
      EDIT: Add "Inc."

      Manufacturer's Website: http://www.terramartsports.com
      EDIT: Correct the URL

      MSRP: US$ 32.50
      EDIT: Unless there was a manufacturer hang tag with the MSRP, please remove
      as it's not on the website.

      Size Available: Small-2XL (Mens), Small-XL (Womens)\
      EDIT: Should be "Men's" and "Women's"

      Rated as a 2 on Scale of 1-3 for warmth (3 warmest)
      EDIT: This means nothing without knowing who is stating it. Please
      attribute the statement to someone.

      Black 010
      COMMENT: Are other colors available? You might want to mention them.

      EDIT: Your picture of the pants is too wide and causes scrolling in a 1024
      wide monitor setting (40% of computer users use 1024). The picture is 1000
      pixels wide leaving only 24 pixels for the frame menu on the left. Please
      shrink down the picture. If you want to test the page, you can do so at
      www.screen-resolution.com and make sure is will be ok.

      Pants (note seems)
      EDIT: Correct spelling is "seams".

      The legs seems little long, but I have not washed them yet.
      EDIT: Change to "legs seem" or " leg seems".
      EDIT: This would be a good place to tell what size you are testing and
      maybe your waist and inseam measurements. Also a good place to tell if the
      manufacturer had a size chart and did you use it and is it accurate

      Materials- The pants are made of an equal parts silk and wool blend. \
      EDIT: Same comments as Derek's in your top IR.

      Construction- The pants are made of five panels (two sleeves, a front and
      back groin area, and a panel that runs the length of the legs on the
      underside of them). EDIT: I don't get the above at all, can you please
      explain?

      The waist band is elastic and 2 inches (5 cm) thick. The seems are all flat
      stitched and about 1/2 an inch (1.25 cm) wide. Seems run up the inner thigh
      and innner hamstring areas and just to the left and right of the middle of
      the front and back of the groin.
      EDIT: Correct spelling is "seams" and "inner".

      What kind of cuff does the pants have, a hemmed one or ribbed
      knit? Is the knit weave the same all over? Is the fabric textured? Does is
      look like the manufacturer's website pictures? What about the quality of
      construction?

      Those are some of the other questions you should answer in the IR.

      TRYING IT OUT

      Other than wearing them around the house, I have not tried these out yet.
      The winter is just starting to set in, so I imagine I will get a chance to
      hike in them soon.
      EDIT: Please elaborate. Were they easy to get on? How did they fit? How
      do they feel on your legs? Did they snag? Etc.

      TESTING STRATEGY

      I am planning to do some backpacking, hiking, biking in cold weather and
      rain, and orienteering in cold conditions with these pants. There is also
      probably snowboarding in the future.
      EDIT: Delete the above section. It is not necessary and doesn't add to the
      report.

      Size Available: Small-2XL (Mens), Small-XL (Womens)
      Components: 50% Merino Wool, 50% Filament Silk
      Rated as a 2 on Scale of 1-3 for warmth (3 warmest)
      Style: TW7669
      Black 010

      Pants (note seems)

      Tag

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      Initial Impressions- The pants are very comfortable. They are close fitting.
      The legs seems little long, but I have not washed them yet.
      Materials- The pants are made of an equal parts silk and wool blend. It
      feels amazing. The material is soft, smooth, and very light. It also is a
      little stretchy.
      Construction- The pants are made of five panels (two sleeves, a front and
      back groin area, and a panel that runs the length of the legs on the
      underside of them). The waist band is elastic and 2 inches (5 cm) thick. The
      seems are all flat stitched and about 1/2 an inch (1.25 cm) wide. Seems run
      up the inner thigh and innner hamstring areas and just to the left and right
      of the middle of the front and back of the groin. There is a quick access in
      the front of the men's pant. The pant legs have a cuffed (2 inch/ 5 cm) hem
      at the bottom of them.

      TRYING IT OUT

      Other than wearing them around the house, I have not tried these out yet.
      The winter is just starting to set in, so I imagine I will get a chance to
      hike in them soon.

      TESTING STRATEGY

      I am planning to do some backpacking, hiking, biking in cold weather and
      rain, and orienteering in cold conditions with these pants. There is also
      probably snowboarding in the future.

      LIKES/ DISLIKES

      Likes
      - smooth material
      - comfortable

      Dislikes
      - seem a little long (haven't washed them yet)
    • dalenmoney
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2009
        2nd try.

        Will

        http://tinyurl.com/yg2zs6r

        INITIAL REPORT
        PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

        Manufacturer: Terramar Inc.
        Year of Manufacture: 2009
        Manufacturer's Website: http://www.terramartsports.com
        MSRP: NA
        Measured Weight: 3.5 oz (100 g)
        Size Available: Small-2XL (Men's), Small-XL (Women's)
        Components: 50% Merino Wool, 50% Filament Silk
        Waistband: 2 in (5 cm) wide elastic
        Terramar lists a 3 point scale for warmth on their packaging,
        This particular item was rated as a 2
        Black (appears to be only color option)

        Pants (note seams)

        Tag

        INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

        Initial Impressions- The pants are very comfortable. They are close fitting. The legs seems a little long, but I have not washed them yet.

        Materials- The pants are made of an equal parts mixture of silk and wool. They feel amazing. The material is soft, smooth, and very light. It also is a little stretchy.

        Construction- The pants are made of five pieces of fabric (two sleeves, a front and back piece in the groin, and a panel that runs up one lefg and down the other on the inside of the leg). The waist band is elastic and 2 inches (5 cm) thick. The seams are all flat stitched and about 1/2 an inch (1.25 cm) wide. Seams run up the inner thigh and innner hamstring areas and just to the left and right of the middle of the front and back of the groin. There is a quick access in the front of the men's pant. The pant legs have a knitted cuff (2 inch/ 5 cm) hem at the bottom of them. The feel of the fabric is uniform all over and smooth. The seams appear to be strong and the pants seem to be constructed well.

        TRYING IT OUT

        I tried these on out of the box when I got them. They are easy to put. The elastic waistband stretches for easy access to the legs. My legs slide smoothly into place inside each of the pant legs. They fit very closely around my legs and ankles.

        Other than wearing them around the house, I have not tried these out yet. The winter is just starting to set in, so I imagine I will get a chance to hike in them soon.

        LIKES/ DISLIKES

        Likes
        - smooth material
        - comfortable

        Dislikes
        - seem a little long (haven't washed them yet)

        This report was created with the BackpackGearTest.org Report Writer Version 1.5 Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.
        Read more gear reviews by Will Dalen Rice