IR- Terramar Therma TX Pant- Will Rice

  • dalenmoney
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2009
      new and improved...with pictures!

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/TESTS/IR2-%20Terramar%20Therma%20TX%20Pant-%20Will%20Rice/

      INITIAL REPORT
      PRODUCT INFORMATION & SPECIFICATIONS

      Manufacturer: Terramar
      Year of Manufacture: 2009
      Manufacturer's Website: http://www.terramartsports.com
      MSRP: US$ 32.50
      Measured Weight: 3.5 oz (100 g)
      Size Available: Small-2XL (Mens), Small-XL (Womens)
      Components: 50% Merino Wool, 50% Filament Silk
      Rated as a 2 on Scale of 1-3 for warmth (3 warmest)
      Style: TW7669
      Black 010

      Pants (note seems)

      Tag

      INITIAL IMPRESSIONS

      Initial Impressions- The pants are very comfortable. They are close fitting. The legs seems little long, but I have not washed them yet.
      Materials- The pants are made of an equal parts silk and wool blend. It feels amazing. The material is soft, smooth, and very light. It also is a little stretchy.
      Construction- The pants are made of five panels (two sleeves, a front and back groin area, and a panel that runs the length of the legs on the underside of them). The waist band is elastic and 2 inches (5 cm) thick. The seems are all flat stitched and about 1/2 an inch (1.25 cm) wide. Seems run up the inner thigh and innner hamstring areas and just to the left and right of the middle of the front and back of the groin. There is a quick access in the front of the men's pant. The pant legs have a cuffed (2 inch/ 5 cm) hem at the bottom of them.

      TRYING IT OUT

      Other than wearing them around the house, I have not tried these out yet. The winter is just starting to set in, so I imagine I will get a chance to hike in them soon.

      TESTING STRATEGY

      I am planning to do some backpacking, hiking, biking in cold weather and rain, and orienteering in cold conditions with these pants. There is also probably snowboarding in the future.

      LIKES/ DISLIKES

      Likes
      - smooth material
      - comfortable

      Dislikes
      - seem a little long (haven't washed them yet)