EDIT - IR - Terramar Therma TX Silk & Wool Top - Nancy Griffith

  • Derek Hansen
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2009
      Nancy,

      Great report; thanks for submitting!

      My edits follow the standard convention:

      EDIT: must
      Edit: consider
      Comment: muse

      The regular routine applies: edit, upload; remove test; go on an
      adventure!

      Best,

      ~derek

      # # #

      > WEIGHT: 130 lb (59.00 kg)

      Edit: You can remove the decimal place after '59'

      > thermal base layer with two-layers of fabric.

      EDIT: You don't need the hyphen between "two layers"

      > The wool is stated as mercerized which means that

      > flatlock seam construction which means that

      EDIT: Commas before "which"

      > few inches (cm) forward and aft. This is to allow for freedom of
      > movement.

      > seam rather than overlapped. This makes for a completely flat seam

      Edit/Comment: The construction of these two sentences seemed a little
      choppy. On other sentences, you've done a good job to connect the
      observation with the follow-up statement using phrases like "...,
      which means..." or "...for a completely flat seam."

      > The two-layer construction does not feel in any way
      > like two separate layers. The fabric feels like one single layer.

      Edit/Comment: This is another place where joining the two sentences
      makes sense to complete the thought. Maybe an em-dash: "...separate
      layers--the fabric feels..."?

      > It is a bit large (Medium)

      EDIT: (medium)

      > I'm not sure if silk/wool shrink so I'll

      EDIT: "...silk/wool will shrink, so I'll..."

      > I am allergic to wool and get very itchy if/when wool directly
      > touches my skin.

      Comment: YIKES! I hope this test doesn't put you in an allergic
      reaction! Please be careful!
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi Derek,

        Thanks for the quick edits.  I've made the changes and uploaded (and deleted the test file).

        >> WEIGHT: 130 lb (59.00 kg)
        >Edit: You can remove the decimal place after '59'
        The conversion happens with the report writer, so I cannot edit the trailing zeros.  If you know how, let me know and I'll modify it.  It drives me nuts too.

        >> I am allergic to wool and get very itchy if/when wool directly touches my skin.
        >Comment: YIKES! I hope this test doesn't put you in an allergic reaction! Please be careful!
        I've been able to wear the shirt more already and it hasn't bothered my skin at all.  Many of the wools now say that they're itch-free but I've been afraid to try it until now.

        See you again in a few months.

        Nancy