LTR - Oboz Teton Shoes - Nathan Kettner

  • kettnernw
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2 6:30 PM
      The text is below and the html is here:

      or here:

      In the past two months, I've worn these shoes just about everywhere I've gone,
      which has been mostly to work and around town. I did get them out on the trail
      for a few short hikes, but nothing more than a mile and never in inclement
      weather or difficult terrain.

      Since I didn't wear the Teton shoes on any challenging terrain during this final
      test period, I can really only comment on the comfort they provided while
      wearing them for long durations, which was very much the same as during the
      previous test periods - very good.

      I intentionally avoided wearing the Teton shoes in any bad weather, or on a long
      backpacking trip when I reasonably expected to encounter bad weather, because
      they are not waterproof. In hind sight, I should have taken this feature into
      more critical consideration before selecting the Teton shoes for testing.

      The Teton shoes are well made, very sturdy, and quite comfortable. And, as an
      added bonus, they are apparently stylish - I've received several comments on
      their unique design. As I've noted before, my personal preference for a
      high-topped shoe and a waterproof layer or coating are the two biggest drawbacks
      for me when considering whether to choose the Teton shoes for a hike or
      backpacking trip.

      I will continue to wear the Teton shoes for as long as they last, but I will
      avoid wearing them on steep trails where my heel tends to slip and any time I
      expect to encounter rain or wet undergrowth that will soak the shoes and make
      them heavy and uncomfortable.

      Copyright 2009. All rights reserved.