APPLICATION - Probar Fruition Bars - Andrea Murland

  • ringrat55
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Please accept my application to test the Probar Fruition Bars. I have read the BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609, including Chapter 5, and agree to comply with all requirements. My Tester Agreement was mailed on Aug. 31, 2009. As a Canadian tester I accept any need to pay for shipping.

      Name: Andrea Murland
      Email: amurland AT shaw DOT ca
      Age: 23
      Location: Rossland, British Columbia, Canada
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
      Weight: 125 lb (57 kg)

      I began hiking frequently in 2006 and have since hiked in Western Canada, Australia, and spent 2 months backpacking in the Alps. I spend most weekends either day-hiking or on 2-3 day backpacking trips, with some longer trips when I can manage them. I also snowshoe and ski in the winter, but don't have a lot of experience with winter in the backcountry yet. Elevation is typically 500-3000 m (1600-10,000 ft), in the Canadian Rockies, Selkirks, Purcells, and Monashees. I try for a light pack, but I don't consider myself a lightweight backpacker.

      Field Information:
      Over the next 3 months, I will be day hiking, backpacking, and snowshoeing in the Columbia Mountains close to home, at elevations from 500-3000 m (1600-10,000 ft). Fall and early winter bring a wide range in temperature, most likely -20 to 20 C (-4 to 68 F), though it could be colder or warmer. I expect sunny days, rainy days, and lots of snow through the test period.

      Test Plan:
      A lot of the day trips around here are planned about 20 minutes in advance, which doesn't leave a lot of time to get my stuff all packed and ready to go. I don't love granola or energy bars, and I find that they usually make me feel more hungry shortly after I eat them, so I usually rummage through my cupboards until I end up with a couple handfuls of raisins or nuts to eat for snacks on the trail. These bars sound much more appetizing than my baking leftovers, and healthier. Hopefully they'll provide me with the energy I'm looking for on a hike and make me feel like I've eaten something. It's also always interesting to see how a food product stands up to being stuffed in pockets, melted, frozen, and squashed in a pack.

      Previously Written Reports (I'm a Newbie):
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/Ringrat

      Currently Testing:
      Nothing

      Outstanding Applications: