Application to test Injinji Outdoor Series socks - Pam Wyant

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2009
      Application to test Injinji Outdoor Series socks

      I have read The BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609. My tester agreement is on file. I agree to comply with requirements as outlined in the Bylaws.

      Date: September 7, 2009

      Name: Pamela Wyant
      Age: 51
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
      Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

      E-mail address: pamwyant(at)yahoo(dot)com
      Location: Western West Virginia, U.S.A.

      I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including backpacking, day-hiking, car camping, canoeing, and more. My time is somewhat limited, so most of my excursions are confined to weekends, although I try to fit in one longer backpacking trip each year, and have started section hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) accruing a little over 300 mi (483 km) so far. My style varies with the activity, but since becoming a lightweight backpacker, I have noticed I tend to pack somewhat minimally even on trips where I have more space. Still, I don't like to sacrifice warmth, comfort, safety, or convenience.

      Field Information -

      My main testing spots over the next few months will be in the eastern mountains and western hills of West Virginia, areas of Virginia near (or on) the Appalachian Trail or Prince William Forest. The trails I frequent are generally woodland trails with a lot of rocks and roots, although a lot of my day hiking is on old semi-maintained county or gas well roads.

      Testing plan –

      I'm intrigued by the idea of a sock with toes, and how well this will work for hiking. Injinji claims the thin layer of fabric prevents blisters between the toes, which makes sense, but I wonder if the fabric in between my toes will feel awkward, or might even bunch up and make blisters when I wouldn't have had them otherwise.

      I just finished one sock test, so I'm ready for this one.

      Link to all my completed reviews & reports:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/pamwyant

      Current Tests:

      Lowe Alpine Nanon pack – Arrived, Initial Report due 09/11.

      Smartwool NTS Crew Shirt – enroute – shipping delays by FedEx should be sorted out this week.

      Current apps out:

      GSI Pinnacle Camper Cookware

      Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover

      Go Girl
      Teva Dalea eVent shoes

      I have several applications out, and will happily test any or all of the items I have applied for. I have a good track record for handling multiple tests in a timely manner.

      Thanks for considering my application!

      Pam