Coy Boy BIP

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 16, 2005
      Had a great hike. In the news...I am the new monitor for the Dunham
      Alcatraz Trail Shoes (temporaryly for now). I will try to edit the
      IRs already posted tomorrow.

      Coy Boy
    • Coy
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 11, 2005
        I'm back, cut the trip short due to lots of rain (I'm a whimp) but it
        is no fun driving with all the yankees in pouring down rain. BTW
        Vermont is beautiful. Would love to hike up that way sometime.

        Coy Boy
      • Coy
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 21, 2006
          I'm back from a great 3 day 2 night hike. I see TV and Leesa have some edits for me. I do
          have a minor problem. the wife killed the puter while I was gone. So I have lost all my pics
          for the water filter report (I can get the sock pics from the test folder) and all my noted for
          some other test. Oh well, no biggie. Teach me not to back up and to use a PC instead of my
          Mac. I'll check for other reports I need to edit but we are leaving shortly and will be gone
          most of today and all day tomorrow (ne nephew born friday in Ga to go see. I'll get my BGT
          stuff done asap.

          Coy Boy
        • Coy
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 1, 2006
            Hello All,

            I made it home safe and sound about 2 hours ago and have now had a
            nice hot bath...the trip was fantastic but the mountains were taller
            than I remembered. I almost bailed on the third day when we hit the
            last road crossing but after spending the night decided my knees could
            stand 6 more miles of hiking. Hammocks can be very therapedic.

            I will be slowly catchig back up on BGT stuff (seeing if there are
            reports to edit etc)

            Coy Boy
          • Coy
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 24, 2006
              I made it home a day earlier than planed. 1 down 1 to go...actuall I
              alredy miss him (I was oop helping my son move away from home)

              Coy Boy
            • Coy
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 16, 2006
                I'm back from a nice trip. will need to do some serious gear cleaning
                ASAP among other things so will get caught up here as time allows.

                Coy Boy
              • Coy
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 17, 2007
                  actually got home late last night. Anyways had a great couple of
                  days hiking with Andrew B (if you count getting hit with 30 mph wind
                  blast at 18 F with beady snow that felt like ice pellets great). We
                  hiked about 5 miles the first day in a light rain and nearly all
                  uphill. Spent the night listing to rain on the shelter which was
                  nice. I heard a bear trying to break into the shelter at midnight
                  (well it was really Andrew trying to open the door without his
                  headlight on). Anyways the next morning we left the shelter at 35
                  and a light snow falling. It continued to snow off and on and get
                  colder. At 1 PM I reached Clingmans Dome (Andrew beat me there by at
                  least 30 min) where it was 25 F and strong winds. We ate a quick
                  snack and discussed the weather. We mutually agreed that continuing
                  on might not be the smartest idea. Our plan wes to hike another 6
                  miles to the 2nd shelter on down (actually up and down several time)
                  the trail. I had already slid down several times on icy rocks and
                  the mudholes were quickly turning to ice as well as our drinking
                  water. We made it back to his jeep in 3.5 hours. By then it was
                  down to 18 F and snow was starting to stick to the roads in some
                  places. We noticed some (not a lot) of black ice on the walk back
                  down the road. We made it back to my car at 6 PM just as it was
                  getting dark. It was covered in snow and ice. Hard to get the door
                  open. Oh well thats about it. I'll post this on the yahoo
                  backpackingtalk so dont comment here please.

                  Coy Boy
                • Coy
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 17, 2007
                    actually got home at midnight last night.

                    Coy Boy
                  • Shane Steinkamp
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 17, 2007
                      > actually got home at midnight last night.
                      > Coy Boy

                      We're dying to know what happened over in Kampfire...

                      Shane
                    • Coy
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 24, 2007
                        I am back ready for duty!

                        Coy Boy
                      • Coy
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 30, 2007
                          got in this afternoon at 4:20 PM. 3 days of hiking in absolutly
                          perfect weather. Unfortunately, my hiking partners were not...actually
                          they were great too. Only real problem was Chuck. He's too skinny and
                          therefore makes those big hills look way too easy. Anyways, just now
                          sittin down to simi catch up.

                          Coy Boy
                        • Coy
                          Message 12 of 12 , Dec 22, 2007