Application to test Go Girl - Pam Wyant

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
      Application to test Go Girl

      Well, here goes –
      Jenn, here is my application to get things started on this unique product.

      I have read The BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609. My tester agreement is on file. I agree to comply with requirements as outlined in the Bylaws.

      Date: September 2, 2009

      Name: Pamela Wyant
      Age: 51
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
      Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

      E-mail address: pamwyant(at)yahoo(dot)com
      Location: Western West Virginia, U.S.A.

      I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including backpacking, day-hiking, car camping, canoeing, and more. My time is somewhat limited, so most of my excursions are confined to weekends, although I try to fit in one longer backpacking trip each year, and have started section hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) accruing a little over 300 mi (483 km) so far. My style varies with the activity, but since becoming a lightweight backpacker, I have noticed I tend to pack somewhat minimally even on trips where I have more space. Still, I don't like to sacrifice warmth, comfort, safety, or convenience.

      Field Information -

      My main testing spots over the next few months will be in the eastern mountains and western hills of West Virginia, areas of Virginia near (or on) the Appalachian Trail or Prince William Forest.

      Testing plan –

      Um. I could come up with soooo many puns for this product. Let's just suffice it to say, I like to go (go backpacking, camping, canoeing, hiking, traveling). And while I'm on the go, I need to `go'. Products like the Go Girl have always rather intrigued me. They seem a little strange, and I don't consider myself to have a case of `envy' of the Freudian type. However, there are those times that it would be great to be able to `aim' (like when I wake up in the middle of a cold night of camping and need to `go', but don't want to leave the warmth of my little cocoon). Or while hiking a popular trail without a lot of leafy cover to hide behind.

      Anyway, I would test to see how easy the device is to use, how well it seals to prevent accidents, and how discreetly it will pack. Enough said, leave the rest of the questions to your imagination.

      Link to all my completed reviews & reports:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/pamwyant

      Current Tests:

      Bridgedale Diva socks – Field Report complete, LTR will be posted within 10 days.

      Lowe Alpine Nanon pack – selected, awaiting shipment.

      Smartwool NTS Crew Shirt – selected, awaiting shipment

      Current apps out:

      GSI Pinnacle Camper Cookware

      Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover

      Thanks for considering my application!

      Pam
    • Andrew Preece
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
        That was a well aimed app. :)
        Andrew

        On 2/09/2009 12:16:08 PM, pamwyant (pamwyant@...) wrote:
        > Application to test Go Girl
        >
        > Well, here goes -
        > Jenn, here is my application to get things started on this unique product.
        >

        > I have read The BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609. My tester agreement
        > is on file. I agree to comply with requirements as outlined in the Bylaws.
        >

        > Date: September 2, 2009
        >
        > Name: Pamela Wyant
        > Age: 51
        > Gender: Female
        > Height: 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
        > Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2009
          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Preece" <a1preece@...> wrote:

          > That was a well aimed app. :)

          Leave it to someone Down Under...

          Ray
        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
            Yeah,

            And I bet his Wendy doesn't know about his quip.<g>

            A brave man taking on a woman regarding that piece of equipment.

            Ralph

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
              There is a pdf floating around somewhere, think Shane posted it a long
              time ago, but it shows women how to pee standing up....

              Anonymous....

              On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 1:23 PM, jennbgt<jennksnowy@...> wrote:
              > Ever want to stand up to um... pee like the guys do? Now you can with the Go-Girl urinary device.
              >
              > Check it out here:
              >
              > http://www.go-girl.com/

            • Andrew Preece
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
                Don't bring her into this or I'll have to watch out for MY equipment :)