TEST CALL: Are the Dahlias blooming?

  • a_henrichs
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1 9:01 PM
      Don't worry if they're not. We prefer Daleas anyway.

      Teva and BGT are pleased to offer three FEMALE testers the opportunity to test the Teva Dalea eVent shoe.

      Sorry guys, this is women only.

      For more information on the Dalea, check out the Teva website at http://www.teva.com/ProductDetails.aspx?g=w&categoryID=424&productID=4109&model=Dalea+eVent

      Test call specifics are:
      Women ONLY
      Newbie Limit DOES Apply
      US Shipping Included
      Thomas Vickers is the mod

      Remember, brief applications are required!

      Please include Teva Dalea in your subject line.

      The test call will close at midnight MST on Wednesday, September 9th.
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1 9:48 PM
        What great items we have up for testing right now! And the new shorter style makes it so much easier to apply, so here is yet another application for your consideration. I will happily test any or all of the items I have recently applied for.

        Application to test Teva Dalea eVent shoes

        I have read The BackpackGearTest.org Bylaws v. 0609. My tester agreement is on file. I agree to comply with requirements as outlined in the Bylaws.

        Date: September 1, 2009

        Name: Pamela Wyant
        Age: 51
        Gender: Female
        Height: 5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)
        Weight: 170 lb (77 kg)

        E-mail address: pamwyant(at)yahoo(dot)com
        Location: Western West Virginia, U.S.A.

        I enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, including backpacking, day-hiking, car camping, canoeing, and more. My time is somewhat limited, so most of my excursions are confined to weekends, although I try to fit in one longer backpacking trip each year, and have started section hiking the Appalachian Trail (AT) accruing a little over 300 mi (483 km) so far. My style varies with the activity, but since becoming a lightweight backpacker, I have noticed I tend to pack somewhat minimally even on trips where I have more space. Still, I
        don't like to sacrifice warmth, comfort, safety, or convenience.

        Field Information -

        My main testing spots over the next few months will be in the eastern mountains and western hills of West Virginia, areas of Virginia near (or on) the Appalachian Trail or Prince William Forest. The trails I frequent are generally woodland trails with a lot of rocks and roots, although a lot of my day hiking is on old semi-maintained county or gas well roads.

        Testing plan –

        To hike as much as possible. ;^)

        The Dalea looks like just the shoe for me. I tested the Teva Wraptor Shield eVent shoes, and while I loved the built in eVent gaiter of that shoe, I found the Wraptor system inconvenient for the type of hikes I do, which often involve very muddy shoes by the end of the trail. I prefer a low shoe to a boot or even mid-height shoe, and prefer a waterproof shoe as I always seem to pick a trail with standing water somewhere on it.

        I will monitor durability, comfort/fit (hopefully better than the Bly ), traction, and of course waterproofness.

        If selected, I would need a size 9, and would prefer the Chocolate Chip color.

        Link to all my completed reviews & reports:
        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/pamwyant

        Current Tests:

        Bridgedale Diva socks – Field Report complete, LTR will be posted by Sept. 8.

        Lowe Alpine Nanon pack – selected, awaiting shipment.

        Smartwool NTS Crew Shirt – selected, awaiting shipment

        Current apps out:

        GSI Pinnacle Camper Cookware

        Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover

        Go Girl

        I have a good track records for handling multiple tests with timely reporting, and should have no problem testing these shoes in addition the items I am currently awaiting shipment on, and 2-3 additional items if I am selected for any other items I have applied for. Thanks for considering my application!

        Pam
      • a_henrichs