Application: Ryders VTX Sunglasses - David Heyting

  • deheyting
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Please accept my application to test the VTX Sunglasses

      Thanks,

      David H.

      Application to Test the Ryders VTX Sunglasses

      Please accept my application to test the Ryders VTX Sunglasses. I have read and understand the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 including Chapters 4 & 5, and will follow all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name: David Heyting
      Age: 31
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 0", 1.83 m
      Weight: 205 lb, 93 kg
      Chest: 46", 117 cm
      Waist: 38", 97 cm
      Sleeve: 36", 91 cm
      Email: deheyting@...
      City, State, Country: Snoqualmie, Washington, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I have been hiking and backpacking for over 15 years. A great deal of the backpacking that I do is related to mountaineering and rock climbing in the Pacific Northwest. When not climbing, I'm a hiker that tries to go light in order to push more miles. My main areas of exploration are the Washington Central and North Cascades, but I have done lots of hiking in the British Columbia Coastal Range as well as the Oregon Cascades. I am also an avid adventure racer and compete in several races each year ranging from 2 hours up to several days in duration.

      Test Plan:

      I always seem to have a hard time finding a good pair of sunglasses that fit well. I seem to always find myself in the Seven Eleven buying a cheap pair of sunglasses, because the current ones I have aren't working well or I just sat on them! The VTX Sunglasses look pretty wicked. They feature 100% UV protection which is critical and have adjustable nose and temple pads. Plus they come with interchangeable lens, which is a big plus.

      I plan on using the VTX Sunglasses for just about everything I do which is hiking, biking and kayaking. I would like to get them out in the snow as well to see how the different lens perform under the glare and reflection that is generated by the sun reflecting off of the snow. Plus I hope to just wear them around town. Just the fact that the are shatterproof is huge for me as I seem to be pretty tough in terms of wear and tear on sunglasses. This would also be a totally new testing item for me which I view as very exciting.

      Currently Testing:

      Big Sky 2 person Revolution tent – has not arrived
      Five Ten Runamuck Shoes – Have not arrived

      Applied for:

      Patagonia Puff Pullover

      View my Reports:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/dheyting

      Thanks to Ryders and BGT for this awesome opportunity!

      David H.