Application: Patagnoia Nano Puff Pullover - David Heyting

  • deheyting
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Thanks for the consideration!

      David H.

      Application to Test the Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover

      Please accept my application to test the Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover. I have read and understand the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 including Chapters 4 & 5, and will follow all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      Tester Information:
      Name: David Heyting
      Age: 31
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6' 0", 1.83 m
      Weight: 205 lb, 93 kg
      Chest: 46", 117 cm
      Waist: 38", 97 cm
      Sleeve: 36", 91 cm
      Email: deheyting@...
      City, State, Country: Snoqualmie, Washington, USA

      Backpacking Background:
      I have been hiking and backpacking for over 15 years. A great deal of the backpacking that I do is related to mountaineering and rock climbing in the Pacific Northwest. When not climbing, I'm a hiker that tries to go light in order to push more miles. My main areas of exploration are the Washington Central and North Cascades, but I have done lots of hiking in the British Columbia Coastal Range as well as the Oregon Cascades. I am also an avid adventure racer and compete in several races each year ranging from 2 hours up to several days in duration.

      Test Plan:

      If I am selected to test the Nano (Puff Pullover – not the IPod!), I promise to download some trips that are music to the ears. I have a pretty full schedule of fall and winter trips on the calendar as I am preparing for an international climbing trip next summer. I will attempt to fill the Nano's memory with some long treks and cold nights. I will bring the Nano with me on every trip I go on during the testing period.

      One of the key tests will to see what types of temperatures that Nano will still perform under. Also unlike most Nano users I fully intend on getting it completely soaked! Can it truly resist the water as it has been advertised to do?

      The best thing about the Nano is that it comes in a small package, but has lots of capabilities. As the manufacturer basically claims the Nano can do and be everything. In a rainstorm, while on a rock pitch or on belay, I intend to find out what the Nano has to offer. I plan on just putting on the ear pieces and letting the Nano take over!

      Currently Testing:

      Big Sky 2 person Revolution tent – Has not Arrived
      Five Ten Runamuck Shoes – Have not Arrived

      Applied for:

      View my Reports:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/dheyting

      Thanks to Patagonia and BGT for this awesome opportunity! To test the Nano Puff Pullover.

      David H.