Application: JanSport Klamath, Jeremy Laporte

  • laporte.jeremy
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      Ok I will pack it all so I apply and hope "to be selected" ;)
      Please accept my application to test the JanSport Klamath. I agree to comply with all the report requirements found in the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws v. 0609.

      Name: Jeremy R. Laporte
      Email: jeremyrlaporte@...
      Age: 28
      Hometown: Idaho Falls, ID
      Gender: M
      Height: 5' 10" (1.78 m)
      Weight: 163lb (73.9 kg)

      I grew up in France by the sea, camping and backpacking for as long
      as I can remember. Three years ago I moved to Idaho U.S.A.
      discovering new environments: wilderness, arid lands, forest,
      mountain, and snow. I also started to learn rock climbing, ice
      climbing and mountaineering. Because of many contacts I had with the
      military I thought they had the best gear available but I recently
      befriended some hikers and became aware of lightweight backpacking.
      I'm slowly migrating to that style and learning more about the
      various environments surrounding me.

      I will test the backpack for:
      Durability (can I use something without breaking it!)
      How it will protect my equipment (we have a lot of snow in Idaho and I don't like wet sleeping bags)
      Comfort and fit (my shoulders are starting to get sore)
      Volume and set-up (can I really put everything in? Are the zipper easy to get to?)
      Finally it's a big volume for a lightweight pack so I'm very interested to try it.

      I will test the pack in eastern Idaho so with a bunch of mountain, and forest (I don't have too much hiking in desert planned for this winter). But from October to later I will have snow to play with.
      My currents hiking plan are in a few weeks going on an overnighter to Goldbug (beautiful hot spring on the mountain) another overnighter to hike mount Borah (12,600ft / 3800m) at least two other overnighter with my boy scouts. And by beginning October a 3 days hike across the Big Hole Mountain Range. I haven't planned too much hike when the snow will be here yet but I will for sure keep getting outside. Although most of my plan are overnighters, I will gladly use a bigger pack to carry the kitchen sink and enjoy more comfort.

      Here is a link to my previous reports:
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/jlaporte

      I don't have any other tests or application pending except for a few OR I need to finish.

      Thanks a lot for your consideration.
      Sincerely,

      Jeremy Laporte