APPLICATION: Princeton Tec Fuel Head Lamp - Carol Crooker

  • cmcrooker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      APPLICATION: Princeton Tec Fuel Head Lamp - Carol Crooker
      August 25, 2009

      My tester agreement is on file.
      I have read the BackpackGearTest.org bylaws version 0609 and I agree to meet these requirements and the minimum expected usage requirement.

      PERSONAL INFORMATION
      Name: Carol Crooker
      Age: 50
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5 ft 10 in (178 cm)
      Weight: 165 lbs (75 kg)
      Email: cmcrooker (AT) gmail (DOT) com
      City, State: Phoenix, Arizona

      BACKPACKING BACKGROUND
      For the past 10 years, I've backpacked about 30 days each year in Arizona and the western mountains on trips that usually last 3 to 6 days. Weather has varied from 107 F to a low of 0 F (42 to -18 C). My three-season base pack weight varies from about 8 to 12 pounds (4 - 5 kg) and my winter base pack weight is about 18 pounds (8 kg). I normally use a tarp for shelter. I also packraft (backpacking that includes travel by raft) and apply the same lightweight principles I use backpacking.

      TEST PLAN
      If selected to test the Fuel head lamp, I will use it for backpacking. I will be on a three-day packraft trip in central Montana in September and will use it for camp chores after dark such as cooking and finding my tarp after some campfire chatting. I will need to use the dimmest settings at times so as not to blind my companions. During a more strenuous six-day backpack/packraft trip in October in northern Montana, I will again use it for camp chores but there is also the real possibility I will need it for nighttime navigation. I'll be putting in long days and darkness comes early then. Hopefully it will be bright enough with enough battery power to remain bright throughout the trip. Rain is a possibility on the first trip and snow is very possible on the second trip in Montana. Backpack trips during the remainder of the test period will likely be in Arizona, with one trip hopefully in the Grand Canyon. I have seen other reviews of this light (and the previous version) complaining about the batter door hinge breaking. I'll be putting in fresh batteries a few times during the test period and will keep a close eye on the door cover.

      LINK TO TESTER REVIEWS
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/cmcrooker
      or
      http://snipurl.com/1ayyx