Application: Bushnell BackTrack Personal Location Finder - Daignault

  • CLD
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2009
      Application to Test the Bushnell BackTrack Personal Location Finder

      Please accept my application to test the Bushnell BackTrack Personal Location Finder. I have read and understand the BackpackGearTest Survival Guide v. 0609 including Chapters 4 & 5, and will follow all requirements. My Tester Agreement is on file.

      Tester Information

      Name: Chari Daignault
      Age: 46
      Gender: Female
      Height: 5' 6" (1.68 m)
      Weight: 135 Pounds (61 kg)
      Email address: chariDOTdaignaultATgmailDOTcom
      City, State, Country: Orlando, Florida, U.S.A.

      Backpacking Background

      I've been a light hiker for many years -- I take the bare minimum with me and prefer a pack close to or under 20 pounds. I've hiked all the Florida State Forest trails in Central Florida and climbed Mt. Fuji in Japan when I was nine. I have hiked dry & sandy, rough & rocky and wet & boggy trails and as a result, have found what does and doesn't work for me in terms of equipment and clothing. Central Florida affords a lot of sun and rains, with high temperatures and massive humidity. It's a great testing area for clothing, footwear and headgear.

      TEST PLAN
      Locations: Florida (Central Florida),the average temperature this time of year for Metro Orlando in the area I'll be testing in is 91 degrees Fahrenheit [32.8 C], and the elevation is about 12 feet [3.6 Meters] above sea level. Year 'round, the average humidity level is 90% in the morning and 55% in the afternoon. The local terrain is mostly flat, with sand, scrub brush, local trees, lakes and the occasional creek or river to cross. I will be backpacking, day-hiking, canoeing, and trail running. I will also frequent a mall or six.

      Checking out: User-friendliness, will I need reading glasses for the read-out, loss of signal issues in the forrest and city, accuracy of backtracking, how long batteries last, how easy it is to store, how durable is it, do humidity or sweat affect performance. Also: can I find my car at the mall?!

      PREVIOUS TESTS
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/cdaignault

      CURRENTLY TESTING
      Vasque Aether Tech SS Trail Shoes [LTR phase]
      High Sierra Sport Company Kahuna 70 pack [LTR phase]
      Bridgedale X-Hale Trail Diva Socks [LTR phase]

      MONITORING
      Cache Lake Foods Cold Prep Foods
      Keen Footware Obsidian Shoes

      Thank you for your careful consideration.

      -- Chari
      "Not all who wander are lost"