Re: LTR-ESSENTIAL GEAR K2 FOCUS CONTROL PLUS HEADLAMP-RALPH DITTON

  • Jamie Lawrence
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2009
      Hey Ralph,

      Tell you what, sounds like you had some proper wet weather during the LTR!!! Welcome to my world of winter walking (minus the snow of course!)

      Just a couple of things, but lovely report series. It was great working together!

      Jamie

      > After cooking my meal and waiting for others then to cook theirs I switched the headlamp to the green LED. I was able to look people in the face without up and down the table and opposite me without blinding them.

      EDIT: I think you need to remove the first without

      > I have not changed the batteries since the initial use and I estimate that I
      > have had a cumulative burn time of 20 hours.
      > The light metre recorded a lux of 566 at 2.5 magnification of the zoom from > a distance of 700 mm (28 in).

      Comment: In the HTML the above is not seperated by a space as a new sentence. Is this correct or just dodgy display format on my laptop??

      That was from my forehead to the table whilst
      > standing with my head bent slightly forward. The diameter of the white light
      > was 450 mm (18 in). This light was very adequate for the cooking task and
      > other activities that I undertook over the two nights.
      >

      > Summary
      > My "Likes and "Dislikes" have not altered over the testing period.
      > I am extremely happy that when I angle the headlamp it stays in that
      > position. The ratchet system has not shown any signs of wear.
      >
      > The white light beam is still very strong with the original batteries still
      > in place.
      >
      > My personal preference for a light around the camp when I did not need to
      > see fine detail was the green light. I could talk to fellow campers without
      > dazzling their eyes. Needless to say they all wanted to have a look and play
      > with my headlamp with the various coloured light options.
      > They all quickly mastered the switching between the various options.
      >
      > This headlamp will be my first choice of my headlamps to go into my backpack
      > because of its low weight and light options.
      >
      > Thanks to Essential Gear and BackPackGearTest for the chance to test this
      > headlamp.

      That's it :)
    • Ralph Ditton
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2009
        All done. Thanks Jamie.

        Yes, it was a touch of Tassie weather without the snow.

        That mulled wine went down a treat.

        Cheers

        Ralph