EDIT: LTR: MSR HyperFlow Microfilter--Rick D.

  • Mike C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      Rick,

      Sorry for the delay . . . it's been a busy week. Great report! Just one edit, one comment, and an edit/comment for your consideration and you're ready to upload.

      Great series, and fantastic photos!

      Mike C.

      <SNIP>

      Performance

      Fitted with the new cartridge, the HyperFlow delivered water in a steady, high-flow manner throughout the long-term period. Presuming a 4 liter/day average, I ran about 44 L through the filter.

      Edit/Comment: While a liter is permissible without conversion because it is such a standard size (due to the ubiquitous nature of the 1 L water bottle), I cannot visualize 44 liters. My first thoughts was "I wonder how many gallons that would be?" I think the 4 liter is probably ok, but I would convert the 44 liter . . .

      <SNIP>

      I also found a hydration bladder and drinking tube with an easily removeable valve that I can take off and plug into the HyperFlow discharge.

      EDIT: Spelling: removable

      <SNIP>

      In fact, with some packs I can do this without even taking it off because I can easily retrieve the filter from the side pocket while still wearing the pack. This is a very nice capability.

      Comment: Cool!

      <END>