Big Sky Mirage Arrival

  • jwheiler
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
      I came home late on the evening of June 27 from eight nights in the mountains to find my basement flooded by a severe rain storm, my car insurance cancelled because my two daughters have a combined 5 speeding tickets (which somehow they conveniently forgot to mention to me), and my internet/email server not working. We've been trying to fix the last problem but so far have been unsuccessful. We think the storm caused some damage to the my provider's equipment and they are coming out to fix it--soon, I hope. I'm currently writing from work.

      The Mirage arrived while I was away but no-one can remember which day. I'll try to put together an initial report at home, download it onto a jump drive and upload from the office by Saturday, July 4.

      Mike
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
        That's what I hate about coming back from a nice relaxing trip. The way the stress dumps itself on you as soon as you get back!

        I hope things work out for you as quickly as possible. At least you do have the new 'toy' to play with.

        Pam

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "jwheiler" <jmwlaw@...> wrote:

        > I came home late on the evening of June 27 from eight nights in the mountains to find my basement flooded by a severe rain storm, my car insurance cancelled because my two daughters have a combined 5 speeding tickets (which somehow they conveniently forgot to mention to me), and my internet/email server not working. We've been trying to fix the last problem but so far have been unsuccessful. We think the storm caused some damage to the my provider's equipment and they are coming out to fix it--soon, I hope. I'm currently writing from work.
        >
        > The Mirage arrived while I was away but no-one can remember which day. I'll try to put together an initial report at home, download it onto a jump drive and upload from the office by Saturday, July 4.
        >
        > Mike

      • woodswoman
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2009
          Mike,
          I got a chuckle out of your story. That's exactly why it's great to be away from everything...don't know what's going on in the world and can't do anything about it..escape for sure...I hope things settle for you soon!

          ***Gail***