RE: [backpackgeartesters] IR - Jerry Goller - Kelty FC 2.0 Child Carrier

  • Jerry Goller
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 1 2:54 PM
      Try this: http://tinyurl.com/ms7k8y

      It still looks like caca but at least it is readable. I'll do some more work
      on it for the FR

      Jerry

      reviews and tests on the planet.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1 6:15 PM
        > Try this: http://tinyurl.com/ms7k8y
        >
        > It still looks like caca but at least it is readable. I'll do some more
        > work
        > on it for the FR

        You have somehow done something desperately bizzare.

        First, you have your images set to a % width, which will never work.

        The Report Writer didn't do that... You've tampered with the HTML...

        I think the problem is that you have to size your images before you insert
        them. You have to make them the size you want before putting them in a
        report. You shouldn't try to resize them inside the html.

        You can use the Image Reziser tool from Microsoft Power Toys to accomplish
        this. If you have Vista, then you have to use something else.

        This page explains:

        http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/ht/ht00005.html

        It's near the bottom.

        Shane
      • Jerry Goller
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 1 7:03 PM
          Oh, there were resized before I uploaded them. And they are pretty much all
          set to 30% or so. The real problem is that the tables generated by the RW
          are fixed size. So they stay the same as the real estate size and resolution
          goes up and down. This causes formatting to go wonky at any setting other
          than the one you used to compose it. By allowing the tables to be dynamic
          the formatting stays stable.

          Setting them to a percentage is the only way it will work correctly.

          Jerry

          reviews and tests on the planet.

          > It still looks like caca but at least it is readable. I'll do some
          > more work on it for the FR

          You have somehow done something desperately bizzare.

          First, you have your images set to a % width, which will never work.

          The Report Writer didn't do that... You've tampered with the HTML...

          I think the problem is that you have to size your images before you insert
          them. You have to make them the size you want before putting them in a
          report. You shouldn't try to resize them inside the html.

          You can use the Image Reziser tool from Microsoft Power Toys to accomplish
          this. If you have Vista, then you have to use something else.

          This page explains:

          http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/ht/ht00005.html

          It's near the bottom.

          Shane

          database 4206 (20090701) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          database 4206 (20090701) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          database 4206 (20090701) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 1 7:11 PM
            > Oh, there were resized before I uploaded them. And they are pretty much
            > all
            > set to 30% or so. The real problem is that the tables generated by the RW
            > are fixed size. So they stay the same as the real estate size and
            > resolution
            > goes up and down. This causes formatting to go wonky at any setting other
            > than the one you used to compose it. By allowing the tables to be dynamic
            > the formatting stays stable.
            >
            > Setting them to a percentage is the only way it will work correctly.

            That makes no sense to me at all. The RW doesn't use any resolution for
            composition.

            Do me a favor and zip the folder under C:/mybgt/myreports that is your
            report and email it to me.

            Shane
          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 1 7:27 PM
              It wasn't created with RW. I did it in Komposer. I'm getting ready to call
              you and we can talk about it then.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 2 2:33 PM
                Am I cleared for upload yet? Just curious.

                Jerry

                reviews and tests on the planet.

                database 4211 (20090702) __________

                http://www.eset.com
              • Shane Steinkamp
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 3 12:06 PM
                  > Am I cleared for upload yet? Just curious.
                  > Jerry

                  If you received an edit, you are go for upload.

                  Shane
                • Jerry Goller
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 3 1:48 PM
                    I think I did with objections to the images. As far as I know the images now
                    render correctly. I'll upload this evening.

                    database 4213 (20090703) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                    database 4213 (20090703) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                    database 4214 (20090703) __________

                    http://www.eset.com

                    database 4214 (20090703) __________

                    http://www.eset.com
                  • exec@bysky.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5 12:09 PM
                      Jerry,

                      Just got back from being OOP. Checked your HTMl and it looks fine on this
                      end. Go ahead and upload.

                      John

                    • exec@bysky.com
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 5 12:10 PM
                        See previous message. Sorry for the delay but Kathy and I were OOP in
                        Beaver Creek for the past several days. Back now.

                        John