Re: ADMIN: So long and thanks for all the gear.

  • AsABat
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1 1:19 PM
      Nooooooooooooooooo............

      Request for resignation denied.

      Best of luck and thanks for everything, Shane.

      Bill Jeffrey

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

      > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
      > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
      >
      > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
    • Pat McNeilly
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 1 2:29 PM
        I hate to see you go but wish you all the best.

        Thanks - for everything!

        Pat

        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

        > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
        > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
        >
        > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
        >
        > For the record:
        > 1. I'm not going away mad.
        > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
        > 3. I'm not being forced out.
        >
        > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
        > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
        > flourish in my absence.
        >
        > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
        > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
        >
        > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
        > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
        >
        > That is all.
        >
        > Shane
        > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

      • Rick D.
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 1 3:10 PM
          Shane,

          May your paths be smooth and your summers hurricane-free :-)

          Cheers,

          Rick

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

          > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
          > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
          >
          > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
          >
          > For the record:
          > 1. I'm not going away mad.
          > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
          > 3. I'm not being forced out.
          >
          > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
          > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
          > flourish in my absence.
          >
          > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
          > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
          >
          > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
          > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
          >
          > That is all.
          >
          > Shane
          > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

        • Ralph Ditton
          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 1 4:12 PM
            Enjoy your retirement Shane.

            I guess the yellow dress will also go into retirement with you. What will we
            have to talk about now?

            Thanks for all of your assistance with the foxhead programme.

            Ralph

[...]

          • Ryan L. Christensen
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 1 4:31 PM
              Shane,

              All the best to you. You will be missed around here.

              Did you pass the yellow dress along to Hollis as well?

              Ryan
            • Clifford R. Haynes
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 1 6:12 PM
                Sorry to see you go Shane. TNX for your time and effort.
                Good Luck
                Rocky

              • woodswoman
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 1 6:26 PM
                  Shane,
                  Best of luck to you and maybe we'll see you testing again. I sure appreciate the hard work you have done for BGT. Happiness to you.

                  ***Gail***

                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 1 7:02 PM
                    > Good luck in the future Shane.

                    Thanks.

                    > Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Report Writer.

                    Welcome.

                    I think the Report Writer is probably the best thing I ever did here.

                    Shane
                  • Shane Steinkamp
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 1 7:03 PM
                      > Nooooooooooooooooo............
                      > Request for resignation denied.

                      I think they tried that...

                      Shane
                    • Shane Steinkamp
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 1 7:04 PM
                        > I guess the yellow dress will also go into retirement with you. What will
                        > we
                        > have to talk about now?

                        You can still talk about me, but now I'll just be one of those Legends that
                        the old timers talk about to scare new people.

                        Shane
                      • Shane Steinkamp
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 1 7:05 PM
                          > All the best to you. You will be missed around here.
                          > Did you pass the yellow dress along to Hollis as well?

                          No, but I might hook him up with that fleece thong that I never got to write
                          an OR on.

                          Shane
                        • Shane Steinkamp
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 1 7:05 PM
                            > Sorry to see you go Shane. TNX for your time and effort.
                            > Good Luck
                            > Rocky

                            Thanks, Rocky. Stay in touch.

                            Shane
                          • Shane Steinkamp
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 1 7:07 PM
                              > Best of luck to you and maybe we'll see you testing again. I sure
                              > appreciate the > hard work you have done for BGT. Happiness to you.

                              Thanks, Gail. I would like to test again one day. Of course, I haven't
                              tested in four years, so I have to write two ORs again and go swim with the
                              sharks...er...Editors... :D

                              That might even be fun. I can give the Editors and Moderators hell all the
                              time. Hmmm...

                              Shane
                            • cmcrooker
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 1 9:53 PM
                                Hey Shane,
                                Happy Trails!
                                Thanks for the Report Writer - it makes writing reports sooo much easier.
                                Carol

                                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                >
                                > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                >
                                > For the record:
                                > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                                > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                                > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                                >
                                > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                > flourish in my absence.
                                >
                                > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                >
                                > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                >
                                > That is all.
                                >
                                > Shane
                                > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                              • Jamie D.
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 1 10:18 PM
                                  Thanks for all you have done for us Shane. But mostly thanks for your humor. It was a fun ride, I hope you come back and see us soon.

                                  Love that family.
                                  Jamie D

                                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                  > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                  > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                  >
                                  > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                • André Corterier
                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 2 1:58 AM
                                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                    > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                    > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                    >
                                    > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                    >
                                    > For the record:
                                    > 1. I'm not going away mad.

                                    ### Dude, that's how you got here.

                                    > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.

                                    ### Yeah, give them some credit.

                                    > 3. I'm not being forced out.

                                    > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                    > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                    > flourish in my absence.

                                    ### Man, you're breaking my heart! You were already here as a seasoned vet when I got here, and, like, likeable and all (and I think you had something to do with me being picked for a 300 Dollar jacket test as a newbie that I had to pay lots of customs on and got in a fight with Andrew over - ah, the memories). I'm really sad to hear this.

                                    On the other hand, setting one's sights on a new horizon is something I can appreciate. I hope you like the dandelions wherever you go. It would be good to see you back here sometime. Or elsewhere, for that matter.

                                    > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                    > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                    >
                                    > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                    > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                    >
                                    > That is all.
                                    >
                                    > Shane
                                    > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                                    ### You were know by a bunch of names, but not ever Prince that I recall...

                                    André
                                  • CLD
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 2 5:49 AM
                                      We will miss you, Shane. Much, much good luck in your endeavors. I feel so relieved about the alien abduction part; it was first choice on my list as for why you were leaving.

                                      -- Chari
                                      "The Truth is Out There"

                                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                      > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                      > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                      >
                                      > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                      >
                                      > For the record:
                                      > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                                      > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                                      > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                                      >
                                      > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                      > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                      > flourish in my absence.
                                      >
                                      > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                      > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                      >
                                      > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                      > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                      >
                                      > That is all.
                                      >
                                      > Shane
                                      > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                                    • Chad Fike
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 2 7:03 PM
                                        Best of luck and thanks for all the hard work. I especially appreciate the Report Writer, it has made the whole experience much easier -Chad Fike