ADMIN: So long and thanks for all the gear.

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
      I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
      have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P

      Yes, I am leaving BGT.

      For the record:
      1. I'm not going away mad.
      2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
      3. I'm not being forced out.

      It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
      dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
      flourish in my absence.

      I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
      Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.

      I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
      my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.

      That is all.

      Shane
      The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
        Shane,

        Obviously we all will miss you to death, but good luck in whatever you do.

        Kathy and John Waters

        >I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
        > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
        >
        > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
        >
        > For the record:
        > 1. I'm not going away mad.
        > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
        > 3. I'm not being forced out.
        >
        > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
        > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
        > flourish in my absence.
        >
        > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
        > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
        >
        > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I
        > wander
        > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
        >
        > That is all.
        >
        > Shane
        > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

        > http://www.eset.com

      • Bob Sanders
        Message 3 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
          Shane,

          Let me be the first to say we will miss your humor and all the hard
          work you have put in.

          Good luck on your new path.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
            > Let me be the first to say we will miss your humor and all the hard
            > work you have put in.

            Kathy beat you by two minutes. :P

            > Good luck on your new path.

            Yeah, well hopefully my new path will involve sitting around in my tutu
            chomping dandilions in a big open field in the sunshine somewhere.

            Shane
          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
              Good luck in the future Shane.

              Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Report Writer.

              Ray
            • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
              Message 6 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                Oh, I forgot that! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

                > Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Report Writer.
                >
                > Ray

                > http://www.eset.com

              • pamwyant
                Message 7 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                  > Yes, I am leaving BGT.

                  > For the record:
                  > 1. I'm not going away mad.

                  Geez, what does it take? <grin>

                  > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.

                  Of course not, you're going back home to them. <grin>

                  > 3. I'm not being forced out.

                  That little shove on the back had nothing to do with force, of course.

                  <grin>

                  Okay enough foolishness, seriously now...

                  I hope your new paths are fun ones, and hope to see you back some day. You'll be missed.

                  Pam
                • Greg
                  Message 8 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                    Good luck Shane, happy trails!

                    Greg M

                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                    > Good luck in the future Shane.
                    >
                    > Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Report Writer.
                    >
                    > Ray

                  • AsABat
                    Message 9 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                      Nooooooooooooooooo............

                      Request for resignation denied.

                      Best of luck and thanks for everything, Shane.

                      Bill Jeffrey

                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                      > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                      > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                      >
                      > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                    • Pat McNeilly
                      Message 10 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                        I hate to see you go but wish you all the best.

                        Thanks - for everything!

                        Pat

                        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                        > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                        > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                        >
                        > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                        >
                        > For the record:
                        > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                        > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                        > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                        >
                        > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                        > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                        > flourish in my absence.
                        >
                        > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                        > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                        >
                        > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                        > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                        >
                        > That is all.
                        >
                        > Shane
                        > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                      • Rick D.
                        Message 11 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                          Shane,

                          May your paths be smooth and your summers hurricane-free :-)

                          Cheers,

                          Rick

                          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                          > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                          > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                          >
                          > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                          >
                          > For the record:
                          > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                          > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                          > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                          >
                          > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                          > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                          > flourish in my absence.
                          >
                          > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                          > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                          >
                          > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                          > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                          >
                          > That is all.
                          >
                          > Shane
                          > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                        • Ralph Ditton
                          Message 12 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                            Enjoy your retirement Shane.

                            I guess the yellow dress will also go into retirement with you. What will we
                            have to talk about now?

                            Thanks for all of your assistance with the foxhead programme.

                            Ralph

[...]

                          • Ryan L. Christensen
                            Message 13 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                              Shane,

                              All the best to you. You will be missed around here.

                              Did you pass the yellow dress along to Hollis as well?

                              Ryan
                            • Clifford R. Haynes
                              Message 14 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                Sorry to see you go Shane. TNX for your time and effort.
                                Good Luck
                                Rocky

                              • woodswoman
                                Message 15 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                  Shane,
                                  Best of luck to you and maybe we'll see you testing again. I sure appreciate the hard work you have done for BGT. Happiness to you.

                                  ***Gail***

                                  Message 16 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                    > Good luck in the future Shane.

                                    Thanks.

                                    > Thank you, thank you, thank you for the Report Writer.

                                    Welcome.

                                    I think the Report Writer is probably the best thing I ever did here.

                                    Shane
                                  • Shane Steinkamp
                                    Message 17 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                      > Nooooooooooooooooo............
                                      > Request for resignation denied.

                                      I think they tried that...

                                      Shane
                                    • Shane Steinkamp
                                      Message 18 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                        > I guess the yellow dress will also go into retirement with you. What will
                                        > we
                                        > have to talk about now?

                                        You can still talk about me, but now I'll just be one of those Legends that
                                        the old timers talk about to scare new people.

                                        Shane
                                      • Shane Steinkamp
                                        Message 19 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                          > All the best to you. You will be missed around here.
                                          > Did you pass the yellow dress along to Hollis as well?

                                          No, but I might hook him up with that fleece thong that I never got to write
                                          an OR on.

                                          Shane
                                        • Shane Steinkamp
                                          Message 20 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                            > Sorry to see you go Shane. TNX for your time and effort.
                                            > Good Luck
                                            > Rocky

                                            Thanks, Rocky. Stay in touch.

                                            Shane
                                          • Shane Steinkamp
                                            Message 21 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                              > Best of luck to you and maybe we'll see you testing again. I sure
                                              > appreciate the > hard work you have done for BGT. Happiness to you.

                                              Thanks, Gail. I would like to test again one day. Of course, I haven't
                                              tested in four years, so I have to write two ORs again and go swim with the
                                              sharks...er...Editors... :D

                                              That might even be fun. I can give the Editors and Moderators hell all the
                                              time. Hmmm...

                                              Shane
                                            • cmcrooker
                                              Message 22 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                                Hey Shane,
                                                Happy Trails!
                                                Thanks for the Report Writer - it makes writing reports sooo much easier.
                                                Carol

                                                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                                > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                                > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                                >
                                                > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                                >
                                                > For the record:
                                                > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                                                > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                                                > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                                                >
                                                > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                                > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                                > flourish in my absence.
                                                >
                                                > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                                > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                                >
                                                > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                                > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                                >
                                                > That is all.
                                                >
                                                > Shane
                                                > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                                              • Jamie D.
                                                Message 23 of 26 , Jul 1, 2009
                                                  Thanks for all you have done for us Shane. But mostly thanks for your humor. It was a fun ride, I hope you come back and see us soon.

                                                  Love that family.
                                                  Jamie D

                                                  --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                                  > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                                  > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                                  >
                                                  > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                                • André Corterier
                                                  Message 24 of 26 , Jul 2, 2009
                                                    --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                                    > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                                    > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                                    >
                                                    > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                                    >
                                                    > For the record:
                                                    > 1. I'm not going away mad.

                                                    ### Dude, that's how you got here.

                                                    > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.

                                                    ### Yeah, give them some credit.

                                                    > 3. I'm not being forced out.

                                                    > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                                    > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                                    > flourish in my absence.

                                                    ### Man, you're breaking my heart! You were already here as a seasoned vet when I got here, and, like, likeable and all (and I think you had something to do with me being picked for a 300 Dollar jacket test as a newbie that I had to pay lots of customs on and got in a fight with Andrew over - ah, the memories). I'm really sad to hear this.

                                                    On the other hand, setting one's sights on a new horizon is something I can appreciate. I hope you like the dandelions wherever you go. It would be good to see you back here sometime. Or elsewhere, for that matter.

                                                    > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                                    > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                                    >
                                                    > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                                    > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                                    >
                                                    > That is all.
                                                    >
                                                    > Shane
                                                    > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                                                    ### You were know by a bunch of names, but not ever Prince that I recall...

                                                    André
                                                  • CLD
                                                    Message 25 of 26 , Jul 2, 2009
                                                      We will miss you, Shane. Much, much good luck in your endeavors. I feel so relieved about the alien abduction part; it was first choice on my list as for why you were leaving.

                                                      -- Chari
                                                      "The Truth is Out There"

                                                      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

                                                      > I had hoped to post this a little later, but news travels and you people
                                                      > have a rumor mill that puts the National Enquirer to shame. :P
                                                      >
                                                      > Yes, I am leaving BGT.
                                                      >
                                                      > For the record:
                                                      > 1. I'm not going away mad.
                                                      > 2. I'm not being abducted by aliens.
                                                      > 3. I'm not being forced out.
                                                      >
                                                      > It's just time for me to go. It's time for someone else to dream this
                                                      > dream. I have enjoyed working with everyone, and I'm sure that BGT will
                                                      > flourish in my absence.
                                                      >
                                                      > I will continue to perform the List Admin function until such time as The
                                                      > Oracle replaces me, which should be by the end of the month.
                                                      >
                                                      > I am very happy in my personal life. There is nothing wrong. Once I wander
                                                      > my own paths for a bit, I may wander back here and test gear again.
                                                      >
                                                      > That is all.
                                                      >
                                                      > Shane
                                                      > The soon-to-be ex-Moderator formerly known as Prince

                                                    • Chad Fike
                                                      Message 26 of 26 , Jul 2, 2009
                                                        Best of luck and thanks for all the hard work. I especially appreciate the Report Writer, it has made the whole experience much easier -Chad Fike