ADMIN: NEW MODERATOR - Hollis Easter

  • Shane Steinkamp
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hollis Easter has now been accepted into that unfortunate cabal known as The
      Moderators.

      He has taken over the Documentation Moderator position, a task that I
      performed for many years. He also has a secret mission that I can't tell
      you about, along with someone else who shall remain nameless for now.

      Say something, Hollis.

      Shane
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
        Congratulations, Hollis!

        Kathy and John Waters

        > Hollis Easter has now been accepted into that unfortunate cabal known as
        > The
        > Moderators.
        >
        > He has taken over the Documentation Moderator position, a task that I
        > performed for many years. He also has a secret mission that I can't tell
        > you about, along with someone else who shall remain nameless for now.
        >
        > Say something, Hollis.
        >
        > Shane

        > http://www.eset.com

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
          Congratulations Hollis, good work!

          Greg M

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

          > Hollis Easter has now been accepted into that unfortunate cabal known as The
          > Moderators.
          >
          > He has taken over the Documentation Moderator position, a task that I
          > performed for many years. He also has a secret mission that I can't tell
          > you about, along with someone else who shall remain nameless for now.
          >
          > Say something, Hollis.
          >
          > Shane

        • pamwyant
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1, 2009
            Congratulations moderator Hollis, or should I say secret agent Hollis? Sounds mysterious.

            Pam

          • André Corterier
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2, 2009
              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:

              > Hollis Easter has now been accepted into that unfortunate cabal known as The
              > Moderators.
              >
              > He has taken over the Documentation Moderator position, a task that I
              > performed for many years. He also has a secret mission that I can't tell
              > you about, along with someone else who shall remain nameless for now.
              >
              > Say something, Hollis.
              >
              > Shane

              Yeah, Hollis, say something!

              Kudos. Good job. Good pick. Good luck.

              André
            • Hollis Easter
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 2, 2009
                Thanks for the introduction, Shane. It's definitely bittersweet that I'm
                being asked to step into your role, because we'll all miss you. I look
                forward to the day when your footsteps carry you back into our ranks.
                We'll leave the light on for you.

                "Documentation Moderator" isn't quite the same as "International Man of
                Mystery", but it'll do for now. BackpackGearTest has a lot of really
                good written material, crafted by many. Part of my job is to shepherd
                that, guarding it while making it more accessible. Sometimes, though, we
                need some new guiding words. That's part of the task too.

                I also want to make it easier to figure out how to join BGT, how to get
                started, and how to have a satisfying experience writing ORs. The
                documentation we have is good, but people remain confused... so, we'll
                try some new things too.

                As for the secret mission, I shouldn't say much, but I'll advertise a
                public mission: helping make sure that BGT is still fun for everyone.

                I came to BGT several years ago, looking to fill the gaping hole left in
                the aftermath of a nasty breakup. I thought I was looking for gear; I
                was wrong. I was looking for a community, and I found it here. I know
                others have similar stories, because they've shared them. BGT is so much
                more than just the gear, and I hope I can help strengthen that.

                I look forward to working with you all in this new role.

                Yours,
                Hollis Easter
                Documentation Moderator