Edit - FR - Appy Trail Mark III - Andre Corterier

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2009
      Nice report.  I love the picture of you and your daughter inside tent.  Couple minor edits:

      >due to the ground around the stakes getting wet or the silnylon relaxing

      Edit: it's not silnylon, it's polyurethane polyester.  Further, polyester is not supposed to relax, it's supposed to be more stable than nylon, so if it's not, then that would be interesting

      >so as to promote circulation, an no rain got in that way, either.

      Edit: and no rain

      >I'm appy with it.

      Edit: I'm happy with it.  (Unless this is an intentional pun in witch it's okay)

      >Mk III mulitple places

      Edit: Sort of a nit:  The appy trails website and your IR refered to the tent as Mark III, but in the FR you call it Mk III a bunch of places.  You should change those to Mark III.

    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
        --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, jerry adams <jerryaadams@...> wrote:
        <snip>
        > >I'm appy with it.
        >
        > Edit: I'm happy with it.  (Unless this is an intentional pun in witch it's okay)

        It is. Though it should be "in *which* (case) it's okay" ... ;-)

        > >Mk III mulitple places
        >
        > Edit: Sort of a nit:  The appy trails website and your IR refered to the tent as Mark III, but in the FR you call it Mk III a bunch of places.  You should change those to Mark III.

        Having read the discourse by the higher-ups on this subject, I've changed Mk to Mark in all instances. I'm not sure I agree with the reasoning, though - in my reports on socks, I usually refer to the product simply as "the socks", without anyone raising any issues re: searchability. As long as the proper name is used in the title and the report (somewhere), I believe searchability is satisfied and it becomes an issue of readability and whether or not it confuses the reader. Just my .02 EUR

        André
      • Jerry Goller
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2009
          I try to always refer to the item by it's name. I will sometimes use the
          generic term but mostly use the name.

          Jerry

          reviews and tests on the planet.

          database 4201 (20090630) __________