DTO Wick-er warm up towel

  • jerry adams
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1 1:08 PM
      APPLICATION TO TEST
      DTO Wick-er warm up towel
      June 1, 2009

      I have read the BGT By-Laws (v. 0609) including Chapters 4 and 5
      and will comply with all of the reporting terms and requirements.
      My tester agreement is on file. As reported below, I will have
      no difficulty meeting the minimum expected use requirements.

      Personal Information:

      Name: Jerard Adams
      Age: 55
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6'1" (185 cm)
      Weight: 190 lb (86 kg)

      Location: Portland Oregon
      Email: jerryaadams at yahoo dot com

      Experience:

      I started hiking about 45 years ago.  My  first backpack was 40
      years ago.  I currently try to do one backpack trip of 1 to 5
      nights every month (which can be tricky in the winter).  Mostly
      I stay around Mount Hood, Columbia Gorge, Mount Adams, Goat
      Rocks, and the Olympic Peninsula.  In recent years I have
      shifted to lightweight - my pack weight without food and water
      is about 15 lb (7 kg).  I make a lot of my own gear - silnylon
      tarp-tent, bivy, synthetic bag, simple bag style pack.  My
      sleeping pad is a Therm-a-Rest air mattress

      Test Plan:

      In June and July, what I assume will be the FR period, I'll do
      one car camp of five nights near Bend Oregon.  Temperature will be
      about 40 to 80 F (4 to 15 C).

      I'll also do two backpack trips in the Mount Hood
      foothills Southeast of Portland from 2500 to 7000 feet (750 to 2000 m) elevation.
      Each trip will be at least four nights and about 30 miles
      (50 km).  The temperature will be about 32 to 80 F (0 to 27 C).

      I may get another backpack trip in during the FR period.

      In August and September, what I assume will be the LTR period, I'll do
      one car camp of five days on the coast of Washington State.  The
      temperature will be about 45 to 65 F (7 to 18 C).

      I'll also do two backpack trips, probably one in the Goat Rocks area in Washington
      and probably the other around the Three Sisters in central Oregon. 2500 to 8000 feet
      (750 to 2400 m)  elevation.  40 to 90 F (4 to
      32 C).  Each trip will be at least four nights.  The Goat Rocks trip will be about 30
      miles (50 km).  The Three Sisters trip will be about
      50 miles (80 km).

      I may get in one more backpack trip during the LTR period.

      If selected, I will use the medium towel on each of the car camps and
      the ultra-light towel on the backpack trips.  That would be at least 7 nights
      of car camp and 8 nights of backpack for each of the FR and LTR periods.
      Total mileage will be about 150 miles (200 km).

      Plan Details.

      A. Weight:  I'll measure the weight.

      B. Size: I'll measure the size.

      C. Ability to pick up moisture:  How does it do drying me off?  I'll go swimming
      at least once to verify the ultra-light version will dry me off.  I'll use the
      medium several times after a shower and verify it works good for this.

      D. Drying out:  How quick does it dry out?

      E. Durability:  I'll wash both towels several times and verify they're still
      in good shape afterwards.

      If selected, I would like the Sage Green color, or any color that's available.

      I have two test reports and four owner's reviews at
      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/tester_reviews/retiredjerry

      I just started testing the Merril Chameleon Evo Boot and have been
      selected for the Teko Summit socks.

      I'm the monitor for the Appy Trails tent.

      Thank you for considering me as a tester for the DTO Wick-er warm up towel