test calls? cache lake cold prep foods?

  • dalenmoney
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2009
      Are there going to be any new test calls? Unless I have missed something, the only thing open right now is the car camping sleeping bag.

      When will the Cache Lake cold prep foods ship?

      Will
    • Leesa J
      Message 2 of 10 , May 4, 2009
        Yep, that's all that is open right now - with 0 apps.

        The manufacturer usually gives the Moderator a heads up on when things ship,
        and the testers are then notified.

        Leesa

        On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:29 AM, dalenmoney <tdnarrator@...> wrote:

        > Are there going to be any new test calls? Unless I have missed something,
        > the only thing open right now is the car camping sleeping bag.
        >

        > When will the Cache Lake cold prep foods ship?
        >

        > Will

      • dalenmoney
        Message 3 of 10 , May 4, 2009
          zero apps for the car camping sleeping bag? maybe it needs to be passed over to carcampgeartest.org

          Will

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

          > Yep, that's all that is open right now - with 0 apps.
          >
          > The manufacturer usually gives the Moderator a heads up on when things ship,
          > and the testers are then notified.
          >
          > Leesa
          >
          > On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:29 AM, dalenmoney <tdnarrator@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Are there going to be any new test calls? Unless I have missed something,
          > > the only thing open right now is the car camping sleeping bag.
          > >

          > > When will the Cache Lake cold prep foods ship?
          > >

          > > Will

        • Jerry Goller
          Message 4 of 10 , May 4, 2009
            Or maybe it needs to be filled so we can call other gear.

            Jerry

            reviews and tests on the planet.

            zero apps for the car camping sleeping bag? maybe it needs to be passed
            over to carcampgeartest.org

            Will

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

            > Yep, that's all that is open right now - with 0 apps.
            >
            > The manufacturer usually gives the Moderator a heads up on when things
            > ship, and the testers are then notified.
            >
            > Leesa
            >
            > On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 9:29 AM, dalenmoney <tdnarrator@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Are there going to be any new test calls? Unless I have missed
            > > something, the only thing open right now is the car camping sleeping
            bag.

            > > When will the Cache Lake cold prep foods ship?
            > >

            > > Will

            database 4052 (20090504) __________

            http://www.eset.com

            database 4052 (20090504) __________

            http://www.eset.com
          • Coy
            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2009
              Im still trying to erase the memory of testing the Hog Park...LOL Actually, it was a good bag but it took up nearly all my pack space and I dont do much car camping (havent done any in several years). Sold my 4 wheeler several years back so not even that to use and it is awfully big for my kayak which I use more than the canoe. But I could test the Safari on a few short overnight hikes where a heavy load is no big deal. I was just hoping more car campers might be interested.

              Coy Boy

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

              > Or maybe it needs to be filled so we can call other gear.
              >
              > Jerry
              >

              > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive gear
              > reviews and tests on the planet.

            • Jerry Goller
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2009
                Me, too. Apparently everyone here just backpacks all the time. Maybe I
                should stop trying to find more backpackers and start looking for more
                backpacker/car campers.

                <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                > Or maybe it needs to be filled so we can call other gear.
                >
                > Jerry
                >

                > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive
                > gear reviews and tests on the planet.

                database 4052 (20090504) __________

                http://www.eset.com

                database 4052 (20090504) __________

                http://www.eset.com
              • Jennifer Pope
                Message 7 of 10 , May 4, 2009
                  I will be submitting an application tonight hopefully after I get two
                  reports uploaded. I can't apply for gear when I have an outstanding report
                  due to be uploaded (a self-imposed rule but I'm sure my monitors wouldn't
                  appreciate it either).

                  Jen P.

                  On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Jerry Goller <
                  ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                  > Me, too. Apparently everyone here just backpacks all the time. Maybe I
                  > should stop trying to find more backpackers and start looking for more
                  > backpacker/car campers.
                  >
                  > Jerry

                • dalenmoney
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 5, 2009
                    the last time I tried to pack my car into the backcountry I broke a compression strap. my weight was dramatically higher too.

                    Will

                  • Jerry Goller
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 5, 2009
                      That's because you were doing it wrong.

                      <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                      > Me, too. Apparently everyone here just backpacks all the time. Maybe I
                      > should stop trying to find more backpackers and start looking for more
                      > backpacker/car campers.
                      >
                      > Jerry
                      >

                      > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive
                      > gear reviews and tests on the planet.

                      database 4054 (20090505) __________

                      http://www.eset.com
                    • Shane Steinkamp
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 5, 2009
                        > Are there going to be any new test calls?

                        No.

                        Shane
                        The Darkness Rises