Re: Help needed to search for missing hiker on AT near Punchbowl Mt

  • Jamie D.
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2009
      I agree Greg. Speaking of Yi-Jien, has there been any new news about his story? The last stuff I read when I was glued to his cousin's blog and updates here was that the search had been called off and that was about it.

      I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and didn't where to ask. You can email me directly if anyone has heard anything new.

      thanks
      jamie d

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:

      > I always feel so helpless when I read stories like this. I got the same feeling when I read the store that Yi-Jien had gone missing in Glacier last year... just makes me want to grab my gear and get out there.
      >
      > Greg M

    • Leesa J
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2009
        Jamie and all,

        Last I heard from his mother, there hadn't been any news to report. They
        were thinking that after the spring thaws, they might at least have some
        clues.

        Leesa

        On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Jamie D. <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > I agree Greg. Speaking of Yi-Jien, has there been any new news about his
        > story? The last stuff I read when I was glued to his cousin's blog and
        > updates here was that the search had been called off and that was about it.
        >
        > I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and didn't
        > where to ask. You can email me directly if anyone has heard anything new.
        >
        > thanks
        > jamie d
        >
        > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I always feel so helpless when I read stories like this. I got the same
        > feeling when I read the store that Yi-Jien had gone missing in Glacier last
        > year... just makes me want to grab my gear and get out there.
        > >
        > > Greg M

      • Rebecca Sowards-Emmerd
        Message 3 of 9 , May 2, 2009
          Recent twitter updates from Ryan Jordan of BPL indicate that Ken has
          been found safe and healthy. Great news!

          Rebecca

          On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

          > Jamie and all,
          >
          > Last I heard from his mother, there hadn't been any news to report. They
          > were thinking that after the spring thaws, they might at least have some
          > clues.
          >
          > Leesa
          >
          > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Jamie D. <jdeben@...> wrote:
          >
          >> I agree Greg. Speaking of Yi-Jien, has there been any new news about his
          >> story? The last stuff I read when I was glued to his cousin's blog and
          >> updates here was that the search had been called off and that was about
          >> it.
          >>
          >> I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and didn't
          >> where to ask. You can email me directly if anyone has heard anything new.
          >>
          >> thanks
          >> jamie d
          >>
          >> --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > I always feel so helpless when I read stories like this. I got the same
          >> feeling when I read the store that Yi-Jien had gone missing in Glacier
          >> last
          >> year... just makes me want to grab my gear and get out there.
          >> >
          >> > Greg M

        • cmcrooker
          Message 4 of 9 , May 2, 2009
            Good news!
            Ken Knight has been found. He walked out under his own steam and is on his way to the Lynchville hospital now.
            Yeah!!!
            Carol

            --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

            > Jamie and all,
            >
            > Last I heard from his mother, there hadn't been any news to report. They
            > were thinking that after the spring thaws, they might at least have some
            > clues.
            >
            > Leesa
            >
            > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Jamie D. <jdeben@...> wrote:
            >
            > > I agree Greg. Speaking of Yi-Jien, has there been any new news about his
            > > story? The last stuff I read when I was glued to his cousin's blog and
            > > updates here was that the search had been called off and that was about it.
            > >
            > > I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and didn't
            > > where to ask. You can email me directly if anyone has heard anything new.
            > >
            > > thanks
            > > jamie d
            > >
            > > --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I always feel so helpless when I read stories like this. I got the same
            > > feeling when I read the store that Yi-Jien had gone missing in Glacier last
            > > year... just makes me want to grab my gear and get out there.
            > > >
            > > > Greg M

          • Jerry Goller
            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2009
              That is good to hear.

              Jerry

              reviews and tests on the planet.

              Recent twitter updates from Ryan Jordan of BPL indicate that Ken has been
              found safe and healthy. Great news!

              Rebecca

              On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

              > Jamie and all,
              >
              > Last I heard from his mother, there hadn't been any news to report.
              > They were thinking that after the spring thaws, they might at least
              > have some clues.
              >
              > Leesa
              >
              > On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 5:14 PM, Jamie D. <jdeben@...> wrote:
              >
              >> I agree Greg. Speaking of Yi-Jien, has there been any new news about
              >> his story? The last stuff I read when I was glued to his cousin's
              >> blog and updates here was that the search had been called off and
              >> that was about it.
              >>
              >> I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and
              >> didn't where to ask. You can email me directly if anyone has heard
              anything new.

              >> thanks
              >> jamie d
              >>
              >> --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > I always feel so helpless when I read stories like this. I got the
              >> > same
              >> feeling when I read the store that Yi-Jien had gone missing in
              >> Glacier last year... just makes me want to grab my gear and get out
              >> there.
              >> >
              >> > Greg M

              database 4049 (20090501) __________

              http://www.eset.com

              database 4049 (20090501) __________

              http://www.eset.com
            • cmcrooker
              Message 6 of 9 , May 3, 2009
                Ken has talked about testing for BGT every time I've seen him, but he never found the time. Maybe after his life changing experience he'll find time :)
                Carol
                --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Goller" <ChiefModerator@...> wrote:

                > That is good to hear.
                >
                > Jerry
                >

                > http://www.BackpackGearTest.org : the most comprehensive interactive gear
                > reviews and tests on the planet.

              • Shane Steinkamp
                Message 7 of 9 , May 5, 2009
                  > I know this is not for this forum, I don't belong to Kampfire and didn't
                  > where to ask. You can email
                  > me directly if anyone has heard anything new.

                  There is a 'social' group for BGT members at
                  BackpackingTalk@yahoogroups.com.

                  A missing hiker is news on all groups, though, so it isn't improper to ask
                  here.

                  Shane