Re: ADMIN TEST CALL: Going on Safari?

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 12 , May 1, 2009
      The manufacturer doesn't really call it a winter bag. They do note a temperature range without clarifying what it relates to. It could be comfort range. It could be "you won't die" range.

      Don't necessarily conclude from numbers that the bag won't work in summer is all I'm saying.

      Pam

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "chance4272" <chance4272@...> wrote:

      > I believe what is in chapter 6 of the Survival Guide sums up what I was trying to say about testing this item.
      >
      > Chapter 6 under common mistakes #8 has:
      > 8. Make sure you've used the item for its intended purpose.
      >
      > 1. Don't just report on your use of a winter bag in summer or a backpack for day trips.
      >
      > 2. Those experiences can add to a review but you should have experience using the product as it was designed & marketed.
      >
      > If the manufacturer states intended purpose, then I think trying to test entirely out of that range (as in summer here for this bag would be) would be unacceptable. I wouldn't think it would be projecting to think I should try to hit the intended use range.
      >
      > Am I mistaken here?
      >
      > Thanks
      > Roger

    • Dark Lazarus
      Message 2 of 12 , May 4, 2009
        Just a friendly reminder that this call is closing soon, get your apps
        in soon please.

        kathryn

        --
        If so, than consider the Exxel Outdoors Safari 5 car camping sleeping
        bag. There is not a lot of information out there about this bag so if

        This is a car camping test, backpacking is not required with this
        item. Some details about the bag include:
        - Size: 39" x 80" Oversized
        - Heavy Duty Cotton Canvas
        - Cotton Flannel liner
        - Temp comfort rating: 15F to 25F (-9 to -4C)
        - Fill: 5 lbs
        - Manufactured in the USA, based out of Los Angeles
        - Sold in discount stores like Target and Walmart

        - Webbing straps & buckles for easy roll-up
        - Heavy duty #9 self-repairing zipper

        Fine Print:

        Newbie limit does not apply
        US shipping Included
        Call will close on May 5th
        Include "Exxel Safari 5" in the subject line
      • Thomas Vickers
        Message 3 of 12 , May 4, 2009
          Jetboil testers,
          I have forgotten your reports because I accidentally deleted your folder in
          my email program.
          I will be getting to your edits asap, today or tomorrow.

          Tvickers