Re: Applications seem to be slowing....

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
      I've sent some messages around... so we'll see what happens :).

      Greg M
    • jerry adams
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
        I posted to portlandhikers.org that backpackgeartesters.org is looking for testers

        Someone asked if you have to be a backpacker or if just day hikers also qualify

        I assume that's okay, although a lot of the equipment requires backpacking?

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
          I posted a call on Outside San Diego,

          http://www.outsidesd.com/blog1/2009/04/01/a-call-for-gear-testers/

          hope a whole bunch of new testers come our way!

          --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Jason Boyle" <c4jc88@...> wrote:

          > Hello All,
          >
          > Applications seem to be slowing way down... If that is the case I am going slow down what is called for tests. We have only done 42 test calls since the winter show, and I have 14 items sitting in the que to be called that we have committed to companies to test.
          >
          > I have about 200 items we could call... if we had the testers. Please take minute to think if there is anyone you can recruit or local groups that you might be able to talk to about BackpackGearTest.org.
          >
          > If folks would like to discuss recruiting testers or anything else related to BackpackGearTest there is another yahoo group called BGTWeb and that is a great place to do that.
          >
          > Jason B
          > Test Scheduling Moderator

        • Shane Steinkamp
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
            > I posted to portlandhikers.org that backpackgeartesters.org is looking for
            > testers
            > Someone asked if you have to be a backpacker or if just day hikers also
            > qualify
            > I assume that's okay, although a lot of the equipment requires
            > backpacking?

            Day hikers are encouraged to participate, but they will only be allowed to
            test gear that is applicable to their context. They wouldn't test tents or
            large packs, for instance.

            Shane
          • Greg
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
              Thats sort of what I was thinking. Daypacks, hydration systems, trail shoes... things of that nature.

              I privately messaged a few people individually on the Backpacker Gear Forums... hopefully I'll get some good responses.

              Greg M

              --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Shane Steinkamp" <ygroups@...> wrote:
              > Day hikers are encouraged to participate, but they will only be allowed to
              > test gear that is applicable to their context. They wouldn't test tents or
              > large packs, for instance.
              >
              > Shane

            • rayestrella1
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2009
                Rather than broadcast a general invite, I have started inviting selected posters to the backpacking forums I frequent based on the stuff they write. It seems to be working well as I have had my fourth person respond. Three are getting their first ORs in or worked on as we speak. (Write?) Another is testing now.

                Ray