Re: re Macpac at OR

  • Andy Mytys
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
      OTOH, recall the thorn-laden bushwhacks that Andrew goes down. Not
      necessarilly your typical environment :)

      I've got a friend that's got the Macpac Ravine and raves about its
      durability and comfort. He's got a few thousand miles on it,
      including sections of the AT, Grand Canyon trails, Alaskan tundra
      treks, hikes in the Rocky Mountains (Beartooth Wilderness), etc.
      Granted, this pack is about three years old, so maybe it was
      purchased when they still made good packs, before Andrew even got his.

      Seems to me if these guys are game for testing, why not? It's just
      like any other test series, with respect to the potential for
      different opinions and results.

      It doesn't seem in the BGT spirit to "pass" a company based on just
      one person's comments.

      Certainly, MacPac does have a solid reputation with those I talk to.
      I'd be interested in an update, and that's what we're here for, no?

      Perhaps they did have QA issues, and their 2006 line-up will have
      them corrected.

      --- In backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com, "Chief Moderator"
      <ChiefModerator@B...> wrote:
      > Good to know. I'll give them a pass.
      >
      > Jerry

      Priest
      > Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 10:40 PM
      > To: backpackgeartesters@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: Re: [backpackgeartesters] re Macpac at OR
      >

      > At 05:55 PM 29/07/2005, you wrote:
      >
      > >It used to be class gear. The move to China has caused some
      quality
      > >problems, but I would still love to see them in BGT.
      >
      > Mmm ... have a NZ made Cascade ... less than happy ... will be the
      last
      > Macpac backpack I purchase. It is off once again to Remote Repairs
      for
      > more warranty work ... third repair now.
      >
      > Andrew

    • Chief Moderator
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2005
        Well, we're double booked every hour, triple booked on some, and quad booked
        on a few.

        Got to sort them out someway.

        Jerry

        _____